1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

music system upgrade ???

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dr.kush123, Nov 19, 2013.

1. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Hey guys. I just took the delivery on sunday 30 november, everything was great and after doing thorough PDI, I was finally satisfied with the ride . But here is the problem. Afterwards when I was listening to music, I found that the music if exceeds the voulme bar of 20 or even if reaches it, the sound just starts breaking and I dont know how to put it up in words , it just doesnt feel right because I am not able to hear anything properly on high volume. Is it just me or it happens to everyone. And pkease suggest what should I do. Some are suggesting me to go to workshop and have the complaint registered and ask them to change the speakers. Can we really do that? Guys please help me with this and put me on right path. I m so confused. :(
  2. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Dr., I had the same problem way back in Feb 2011 when I got my Punto...It is due to the quality of stock speakers....

I went ahead & replaced the speakers with this
    Front - Component JBL-GT5-S265c
    Rear - Co-Axial - JBL-GT5-S205

After that, the quality & the Bass has improved. But you would probably live with volume upto 25, beyond that you will still have the 'screeching' sound...
  3. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Thanks alot for the info on speakers anand. i have been inactive in the forum for quite some time now. So pardon me for a late reply. I wil definitely be going for an upgradation of speakers. Wil lwt you know about it.
    Thanks again mate :)
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys.. I don't think one requires to change the HU especially if it is a Blaupunkt tho Delhphi is also fine. The main problem is the speakers. I have a Linea HU with Blaupunkt component speakers & rear co-axial speakers being powered from the stock Hu itself. The damage was 6.5 k (4.5 k Component + 2k Co-Axial). This change itself changed the music dramtically. The HU is capable of powering the components & co-axial & I never went to vol control beyond 11. If in your set-up you have to reach a volume beyond 15, then something is wrong in the speakers or the sound set-up in the HU. As i did not get any Damping done. I noticed vibrations at higher volumes (for lower frequencies) plus that specific thump was missing though the bass was decent.

Next phase of upgradation was a SUB.... i got an active subwoofer from blaupunkt & have installed it under the seats (Damage was 11k). It's a absolute pleasure to listen to the music now. Had to decrease the HU Bass substantially & turn off the "Loud" function to hear crystal clear music with all frequencies adequately amplified without any noise.

Only when the benefit is so much that one can sacrifice Blue&ME & steering controls (unless you are going for Connect2), One should not go for a replacement of HU. I thing just a change of speakers can change the level of sound quality which can match a SQ given by a after market HU + speakers.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Winimation is right... Problem is with the speakers, not the HU... Even i changed the speakers only and it sounds a lot better.. I didn't want to lose blue & me and its steering controls.. And also whatever HU you fit, I feel it'll spoil the looks of the dash.. I fitted Infinity component and jbl co-axial speakers . Price was somewhat similar (6k) as mentioned by winimation

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Considering that people have opted for Emotion PK with Blue n ME and steering controls, it will be sad to upgrade the HU. But those who are sticklers for absolute sound quality will probably go for HU upgrades.

I think it is safe to say that most people will be happy post the upgrade to component speakers.
    2 people like this.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You do get a CANBUS interface that helps restoring all Steering wheel keys other than B&M. Anyways felt SQ is better than to have B&M in my car.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am very much aware of that, but one can't have it all. Linea Dynamic for eg. doesn't have steering wheel keys.

I agree with you there. The expense and hassle is quite a deterrent for Linea, Punto owners esp. to achieve both Blue n ME & SQ. Many would rather live with stock systems in place.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  9. renjithrt

renjithrt Timido

Mysore
    HI,

I have bought a punto 90HP in last november.I am enjoying the ride every second i am driving the Italian beauty.
    One factor i feel not so good in the car in the sound quality of the music.I am planning to upgrade the speakers as per the suggestion given above.Thanks for the suggestion from all the team fiatians.
    I am staying in Mysore and i dont know any good sound system/speaker installer in Mysore.
    Somebody please help me to find a good installer in Mysore as i dont want to give my car to any unknown professional.
    Thanks in advance guys.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3