1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

music system upgrade ???

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dr.kush123, Nov 19, 2013.

1. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if the stalk music system in the punto mjd which comes with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters is worth keeping or needs an upgrade. Because I searched online for the quality of the music system and speakers and there output, but I failed to find anything on this. Can u guys please tell if the music system needs any uprgrade or it is just the rite the way it is.
    Thanks.
  2. just upgrade the speakers first and see if it meets your requirement.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i think the stock HU and speakers are quite enough for the beginning take your time and go through the HU and speaker upgrade threads in the forum and decide on what you want and plan for the upgrade .
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Use the stock audio for a few weeks, and unless you are dissatisfied with the SQ, I see no reason to upgrade.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I dont see any reason to upgrade the stock HU in the Punto, atleast I didnt feel so. The HU plays music and thats enough for me during driving;). For the rest of audio nirvana, I have the home theatre.:geek:
    1 person likes this.
  6. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Thanks alot guys :)
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Dr. Unless and until you are a music buff, I do not see any reason for HU & speakers upgrade. But if you want to enjoy good SQ, then upgrade both. The OE speakers is just a piece of crap and the stock HU is kind of OK (it has no pre-outs at all). BTW I have changed both HU and Speakers in my Linea.
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Upgrade phases
    1. Upgrade the speakers to front components and rear coaxials
    2. Add a 4 ch amplifier which can accept speaker level input + subwoofer. Power the front components and sub (bridged) through amp. Rear co-axial leave as is.
    3. Change the H.U (optional) or add a mono amp to power subwoofer.
    4. Go to phase 1 and select better brands ;)

Rajeev
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajeev, in Phase 2, isn't powering the components and the sub with the 4-channel AMP a better setup?

My phases are like following.
    1) Speaker upgrade (Done)
    2) 4 ch Amp + Sub (In 2 minds :D)
    3) Damping of doors (Will happen if phase 2 is done)
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes aditya, Thanks for correcting
    I meant that only, but messed it with words. corrected in the above post. Right now I am also in p2.

Rajeev