1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Music system making ignition on automatically

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Sumit, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    today i faced a strange problem. when i switch on the tuner of my music system my car's ignition is automatically on.

its absolutely strange and wierd problem. guyz what can be the problem?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you repeat it, or it just happened once?
    If you can repeat, just post the steps, if one time case, just ignore it.

Also, please put the thread title little meaningful, rather than "Strange Problem". I have modified it, let me know if you want to change.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    What the hell this funny problem is ? i havent even imagined this kind of problem? Do you mean to say that when you switch on your headunit your car starts?
    2 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think it is the other way round. Meaning music turns on automatically when engine is cranked.

If it is indeed what is being said, then congrats, you just got yourself a free push button start :D

Rajan
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Hyundai will come with this feature if they com to know about this. It is more advanced than push start button :evilsmile

I think when HU is on all electric accessories can work but car doesn't start. In my opinion report it to TASS. Any electrical malfunction shouldn't be neglected.
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Active model, so I guess the HU is not factory fit. While installing HU, did they cut or join any of the wires going to the ignition key, by mistake ?
    Still I can't imagine this happening!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It happens that the HU starts automatically a few times as the ECU do a complete check in regular interval (OEM). If it happens the other way, congrats. The new way to control the car is invented. Please check any wiring is done wrong if you are using an non-OEM HU.
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    today when i switched on tuner in my music system, my car's ignition got on automatically. even if remove the keys the cars ignition stays on. as soon as i put it to any other band like cd, usb or aux mode everything is back to normal.
    im really bother as what can it be. a faulty electrical system, a faulty music system or a faulty ECU. my car runs absolutely normally

plz help guyz.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Is this after market HU?
    2. Who did the installation?
    3. Was any wire cutting involved?

Rajan
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its the reverse in my case too.. Hu switches on with Ignition some times..