1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

music system for punto active?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by pinakin_mevawala, Sep 27, 2010.

1. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi Rajeev, the system do have resume feature, but my concern is different. I was told by the technician to keep the music system in power off state while switching on the ignition. If I have to follow this, Then I switch of music system first then car. :traffic To listen to music while on red light switch the music system on. Then before Red light goes green, I have to switch the music system off, start car and then switch on music system. This is not a user friendly thing. Isn't it ?
    BTW, E & E+ can play music even on Stop position, I guess for 30 min.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There's no need to switch off the music player or any other electrical equipment while switching the ignition on as everything is switched off automatically when you crank the car and switches on after starting.
    This was required only in cars like 800 etc only.
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG, these so called technicians..don't fall for such crap. :boxer
    You should have asked him what about A/C ? switch off that also?
    what will you do if your vehicle stop at a busy junction when you release the clutch fast, you restart it at once or spend time to switch off all devices, start the engine and then switch on those again? :A

Which brand you purchased from Balaji, pioneer? I got a jvc model (w/o USB) as part of the accessories. :?:

--Rajeev
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am sorry I found the model number in one of your posts.
  5. Same with me, now not sure what will happen to the warranty. BTW, I saw connectors in punto doors but he told me that not available with speakers.
    I don't follow this. This looks like stupidity and outside installer didn't tell me anything like this.
  6. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    I Purchased sony which has bluetooth feature ( + usb+ aux).13.5K.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I follow this as a rule, not only for Car but also for all Electrical/ Electronics equipments. Sudden spike of power may damage the equipment & hence. Though most modern equipments might have safety against it but still. Its a habit which I do not want to deviate from. So, before switching off the engine, I always switch off the AC & Music Player. Never would I allow AC or Music Player to start suddenly / automatically while switching on the engine. Few exceptions would be when rarely the car stalls in traffic & I've to restart quickly. But that times also my heart always skips a bit assuming that AC or Music Player would conk off.
  8. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    I noticed one thing, music system's power goes off for a sec when I switch the ignition on when the music system is on. Guess this is to utilize the battery only for the car engine.... Any guesses....
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This is one of the reasons why its advisable to switch off Music System while turning ignition/ engine ON. You never know these sudden momentarily changes/ fluctuation on power/current as to what & how they can damage electronics parts inside.
  10. delphi10

delphi10

Bangalore
    I am having a Pioneer head unit and I asked one of the dealer in bangalore to fit that. Also i want to purchase speakers from the dealer. For fitting the pioneer head unit they want Punto Socket and they told it is available in SP road. They are not mentioned the name of the shop. I think this socket is converting the existing socket in the company wiring to suit the pin of Pioneer. Any one having idea about Punto Socket.
    I think it is like this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/harness-PIONEER-1 ... 1e587f206d