1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

music system for punto active?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by pinakin_mevawala, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Is it ok to have music system from outside in active? Dealer always quote high while adding accessories and not want to go with them. I'm more worried about warranty point of view. I know if they cut wires then warranty would void but my accessory installer say that they would do socket wiring only.

Anyhow, I've already got rear parking sensors from him and has been running very fine since 8-9 months and no issue with car.

I know central locking is much more complex to be done from outside and I would also not want to spend 10K as per Fiat (its only 3k job).
  2. Cutting wires does void your warranty but i believe Punto comes with all the necessary wires so there is no need to cut wires. If you have any doubts please clarify it with FIAT by mailing them.

About central locking correct me if i am wrong here but i think its not a 3k job since what you get in 3k(4k if got from FIAT) is only the remote locking kit for which central locking is a prerequisite.What you'll get from FIAT for 10k is the central locking + remote locking kit.You might find one cheaper outside but it wont be whole lot cheaper then what FIAT offers.
  3. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Getting the music system from outside is no problem at all as Atul has rightly mentioned about the wiring. I too have got one from third party.

The CL kit for Active comes with Actuators for 4 doors + Bunch of wires necessary for locking. Even the installation part is not simple and takes lot of time. In view of this the + 'Fiat' brand = Ok price. ::T
  4. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Beware of one thing, The speakers may have connectors only on speaker end and for installing them you may have to cut the wire at the other end. This happened with me. I bought sony music systesm (from the dealer)MEX-BT3850U http://www.sony.co.in/product/mex-bt3850u , it comes with bluetooth fuction. You can use it for phone and audio function. And if the speaker wire is available with connectors on both end then do inform me, i will install the same as the sound quality may be good with proper connector.
  5. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    One more important thing for active model, Insist on external antenna. I had internal one which is not a good receiver of radio signal.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What you say applies to the Fiat's keyless entry system for Active as it integrates with the car's electronics/ECU as per what I believe.
    Our 2000 model M800 did not have central locking. The keyless system I got works as central locking as well. I got Xenos Fortgate keyless system for Rs3000 and it is already a pain in my back. I would recommend that you stick with Fiat CL rather than aftermarket ones.

Xenos FortGate 250- Remote.jpg
  7. So is there still a chance of wire cutting? Can other active owners, who have installed from outside confirm this?
    I would be going for this soon but want 100% confirmation from other owners rather then just relying on accessory installer. Also he quoted me some 5.5K for CL and remote lock from Autocop and asserted that it is complex to install in punto and would take couple of days and not hours, better I would not do it right now.
  8. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    I have it installed from outside. I asked them to install the system using cuplers (which costed 100/- bucks). I was there all the time during the installation and ensured that they do not cut the wires.
  9. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi,
    Question relevant to Active model. To switch on Music system, the Key ignition position has to be on "MAR" in my case. Which is fine when the car is running, but when I try to switch off engine, the key jumps back to "Stop" and this switches off my music system. Is this same with other active owners?

The problem comes when waiting at the Traffic light, If I switch off my car, the music system also stops and I have to again keep the key position on “MAR” with battery current supplied to all devices.

Also, the manual says, with key position to “Stop” – engine off, ……… Some electrical devices may work (e.g. music system, central locking). This is true with Emotion and E+.

Anyone has any idea, is the electrical connection done to my music system proper ? :anyone
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi spvaidya,
    When the key position is in STOP, only essential equipments are powered (clock, hazzard lights etc). All the optional power hungry devices are turned off to prevent battery draining. So you are having a proper setup.

You can always wire a paralell line from batterey to power your car radio, but remember that it will be drawing a small amout of current from the battery, if you don't have a separate power switch. Also you may hear some noises while cranking due to varying voltages, so it is not recommended.

BTW, most of the car radio models, play from where it stopped (resume feature), so when you stop for signals, can't you afford 2-3 second pause in the music? ::O

--Rajeev