1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Music system antenna to replace OEM rooftop antenna for Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by tushargn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    guys need suggestion on whether I can fit my music systems antenna for my Kenwood KDC-U4549 HU in Linea?

The radio reception is very poor and I have been recommended to attach an antenna. I have a spare antenna that came with my Phillips home theatre. Would it serve the purpose?
    The reason I want to try this before I purchase OEM antenna is I feel the rooftop antenna spoils the look. the antenna is small rectangle in shape and could lay anywhere within car or under the hood.
  2. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    c'mon, is everyone using rooftop antenna? isn't their any alternative?
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can get internal antenna in accessories shop like this.. I got this for 500 bucks . They fixed it in 10 mins, all wires concealed neatly. But i think its a total waste of 500 bucks as i ve used it only a couple of times after fixing it !!! TOO MUCH ads on the radio is so annoying and i change to USB mode !! also DVR which i bought afterwards interferes with the antenna's reception. Else, the quality of sound is decent enough!! It is fixed with a double sided tape, but the problem is when glass gets so much heated up, it loses itself n will hang on the wires !!

DSC00369.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Varun! Would certainly check for this if its available over the counter at Pune.

And as far as listening to Radio, I am not the radio guy either, but pop and rock! I have to go for antenna as its wifie's demand and I personally believe rooftop one is a real spoiler! :firey
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In linea, the antenna comes at the back and it certainly looks good. but its the price that kept me back, they were asking some 1.5k for that !! no shops were having antennas for punto outside, most of them were like, they are afraid of even touching Fiat cars !!
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I am not facing any problem with the stock antenna. Make sure that the outer core and inner core of the antenna wires are not touching each other. I was facing inter ferrence issue but i sorted it out by rewiring the adapter that goes into the headunit properly
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2