1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Music source suddenly switching to Radio or CD when I sound horn in Punto EP

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by ajmal, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ajmal

ajmal

Cochin
    Dear all,

I own a new Grande punto EP 1.3MJD 76 bhp. I have purchased and fitted hella horn with wiring kit from dealer itself. If I am playing music from USB stick, it changes music source from pendrive to CD or Radio whenver I use hella horn :(. But I didnt feel any issues with company provided normal dual horn. I am waiting for your valuable suggestions..
  2. @ajmal,

did they played with the audio(player ) cables. Try just to see if the new head light cables are joining to the player cables.
    its could be wiring issue.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    May be you are pressing source button by mistake while honking.
  4. ajmal

ajmal

Cochin
    thanks for your suggestion, and please explain how come it joins with Head light cables?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

@kedarbendre, then it should happen when I use my company provided horn, rite?. I face this issue while I use newly fitted hella horn. So my query is whether it is power rating of horn or usb port issue in music system.
  5. @ajmal
    as you said "I have purchased and fitted hella horn with wiring kit from dealer itself"
    just try to figure out did they cut some cable and joined with the wiring kit??
    I have no clue what kind of wiring did the dealer have done on your car, if he have cut some existing wiring from car and joined the new on in that??
    Just try to see the wiring of the horn and does it have some open wiring or not.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Well, this has been happening every now and then on my Punto these days. FYI- my car is stock (No aftermarket stuff). And i do not think it happens when i hit the horn. It just happens randomly.

Switches to radio and switches back to USB in 2-3 seconds and starts playing normally. I thought my issue was related to the USB drive loosing connectivity to the USB port and B&M not being able to detect it for a brief period.

It happens rarely, may be once in 2-3 days so i have not paid much attention. However your issue looks power related, Does it happen everytime you press the horn and does it stay in the radio mode or switch back to USB like mine does?
  7. ajmal

ajmal

Cochin
    @Vj V1,

It happens only when I press newly fitted horn, but I dont have any problem with factory fitted horn. It switches to other music source for 4-5 seconds then it will come back to USB. Thats problem, It seems very irritative in city driving.

Fiat Service team advised me to avoid .rar files in pendrive, always use dedicated drive car. since it works on windows platform virus may affect blue& me easily. but issue still persists. I think detailed checkup needed to trouble shoot the case. anyway i gonna check wiring system in detail.

friends, may be your valuable suggestions will help me to solve it. also I want upgrade blue&me to latest version, how to do it? I need a step by step information.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

@ Drive_drift,
    thank you boss, I gonna detailed checkup of wiring system by this weekend.
  8. ar4vind

ar4vind Timido

india
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am also having this same problem with my 2015 punto evo 90hp. Stock car, no electrical modifications. Tried updating b&m changing pendrive, still no luck. :(.
    here is how it misbehaves ,

while playing music from pendrive, if i use the horn from the right side of steering (where the 'source' button is) , the source changes to AUX, and i double checked if i am pressing the source button by mistake. (also note that by default , if usb is the source, pressing source button will change the source to radio).
  9. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This issue can be resolved by replacing the USB port. Please reach out to your service station and share your problem. I had this and got this fixed. Sometimes service station will not have spares. In tht case, they will call you back once they get one from manufacturer.
  10. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Did the problem solve after usb port change. Will they do this in warranty or do we have to pay for this. How much does it cost. Same issue after installing new HID headlights.