1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Music Albums - Review & Recommendations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ramjn, May 19, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I know that we have a thread for the music recommendations for the ICE demo. But, I am not seeing any thread which would recommend the music albums. Here, in this thread I invite members to recommend the music albums (Available at store) which you have enjoyed and give us a short review of the same. No bar on the language :).
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Listened to the song track of yet to be released Tamil Movie 'Kadal' directed by Maniratnam and music by A.R. Rahman. There are 7 tracks in the album and I should say it is a decent effort from ARR. My pick would be 'Adiye', 'Elay Keechan', and 'Nenjukkule' in the order given. While listening the song 'Adiye' for the first time, couldn't resist from remembering 'Stranger in Moscow' of MJ. :)

My rating - 7/10
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    let me butt in here and make a recommendation!

Bevar Sea - Bangalore based doom/stoner band. They are just good at what they do. If you are looking for slow yet hard metal music, this is the stuff you ought to listen. Here is a hilarious yet catchy video of their music set up for a heist sort of scene in a Rajnikanth movie.

Rating : 9/10. Interested folks can check out their self titled new album here : Bevar Sea | Bevar Sea
  4. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    My rating will be 8\10 :)
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rating for what? This thread? :D

A short review of the album is expected along with the rating. :)
  6. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Ramesh, listen to 'Edhir Neechal' songs, I love all the songs in the album except for the kuthu number from Dhanush which is run of the mill stuff.

The tunes are nothing out of the box, but they are immensely likeable. The song, where yo yo Honey singh and Hip Hop Aadhi, amalgamate is absolutely cool and crazy.

Songs pick(In decreasing order of preference) - Ethir neechal, Un Paarvayail, Boomi enna suthuthethe, Nijamellam Maranthu Pochu
    , Velicha Poove va

Rating - 8/10

Kadal - For me, Kadal has been very underwhelming.

I just liked a couple of songs:

Nenjukula - This is good, but I don't know why Rahman forced himself in the latter half of the song. That spoils it. The live version was far better.

Moongil thottam - Amazing lyrics and the song starts of well, but as in lot of Rahman songs, the tempo tapers off as the song progresses.

Other Kadal songs all have typical Rahman arrangements and tune progression, making them boring to listen. You get the, 'Hey this song sounds similar to his earlier..".

So, overall it's been very underwhelming, because what I expect from Rahman is something that is mind blowing.

Rating - 5/10
    2 people like this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A.R. Rahman rocks Chennai; Organisers let-down

Report by - Galatta.com

The 'mozart of Madras' A.R Rahman rocked Chennai with an electrifying concert at YMCA yesterday. The musical genius performed in front of more than 25000 fans, with only Tamil songs ranging from Roja to Kadal. Hariharan, Chitra, Mano, Karthik, Chinmayee, Kadal team and Benny Dayal performed along with the Oscar winner.

But the biggest irony was the messy organisations. Fans watched this live extravagance in pouring rain as the organisers failed to cover up he venue, as promised. A disappointed fan Keshini Udayakumar posted on his FB, "The most terribly organized concert I have ever been to! I called Indian Stage hours before the concert to find out whether the concert would be postponed due to the rains. They ensured me that all seating areas are covered and we would have no problem thus.Vehicles everywhere, no volunteers at all to guide people around and no covered seating area."

Another fan wrote, "The organisers must have put a roof considering chennai's habit of pouring but as far as I know, many people coming from coimbatore, trichy and all. they are so paavam. spending much for long travel and if they get disappointed, it is really sad indeed."

ARR.jpg
    Picture courtesy - Sriram Guruswamy
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Where is YMCA located?
    OT: Are you in Chennai now?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Sun - it is Located near nandanam signal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. Adding to the above albums by ARR,
    Listen to the songs of Moondru per Moondru Kaadhal. Another excellent album by YuvanShankarRaja. Especially Aaha Kaadhal, unakaagave, padapadakudhu.
    Ethirneechal songs are good except that kuthu number[Endi enna konna] as said by cliffhanger.
    Viswaroopam songs are brilliant and the Lyrics are awesome. Music by Shankar-Eshaan-Loy, Lyrics by Vairamuthu and KamalHaasan.
    Do not try for Alex Pandian, you will run away for sure.:D