1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to Panchgani/Mahableshwar

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nobrakes, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey guys, just did a weekend trip from Mumbai to Mahableshwar and back. This was the longest i've driven so far and i enjoyed every minute of it. I must say the roads are in very good condition even after the Mumbai-Pune Eway. The NH4 is fun to drive on, & the only patchy stretch of road enroute Mhableshwar, is when you pass through Wai. But its nothing compared to the potholed roads we drive on here in Mumbai....its such a shame about the roads in our city.

The trip started early on saturday morning and we got there around lunch. There wer 4 of us in the car and we drove at a speed of between 80 - 120 on the Eway. The weather in mahableshwar was great, kept drizziling and was very cloudy/foggy. We shuttled between Panchgani and Mahableshwar a few times during the trip. Got back home Sunday around 9 pm. Stopped at sunnys dhaba for a late lunch on the way back.

The whole trip was 669 kms and the average FE was 14.6. (it was 14.9 till the end of the Eway and then the potholes, rain and traffic did their bit in reducing the FE)

Like I said, my first long trip, next stop goa?? ;)
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    I got 18.5 on my linea mjd. for Mumbai to mahableswar trip
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Good for you S.K! I think 14.9 is good for the little 68 BHP 1.2 FIRE.... ;)

Btw, when did u go there?? The weather was awesooooooooooome :clap
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    nobrakes that great. Where are the photos buddy?
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah where are the pics.
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    @ nobrakes, indeed Mumbai-Pune Eway & the road thereafter till Kolhapur is just fabulous. Mahabaleswar in moonsoon is simply magic, infact the entire Konkan belt & Sahyadri hills regions of Maharashtra are awesum in moonsoon.
  7. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    here are a few pics guys......we didnt click many cos we were busy enjoying the weather and the cooooool air!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Where are they? Invisible pics ;-) ?
  9. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    LOL! Gonna try again...
    DSCF6588.jpg DSCF6605.jpg DSCF6604.jpg DSCF6575.jpg DSCF6603.jpg DSCF6606.jpg

My friends camera contains more pics...will ask him to mail 'em to me.
    Guys just a not of caution if anyone decides to go go-karting in mahableshwar.....while we were there, a group of boys were karting and during that time a thick blanket off fog descended upon the circuit. All of a sudden there was a lot of activity and every one was running on the track and into the fog. A couple of minutes later the attendents of the karting place emerged with a guy who had gone off the circuit and over the edge. He was hurt quite badly and bleedin a lot from his hand and head. I do hope he's ok.....
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    nobreaks nice pics. Thanks for sharing information about the go karting.