1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to Lonavala

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by johnny, Aug 23, 2012.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was in two minds whether to start this thread.

Firstly, this route is pretty well travelled by Mumbai/Pune based TFIans, and the route is pretty straightforward without any notable points.

Secondly, since we were with our daughter's family which included a two month baby, the amount of luggage would definitely not fit into my Punto. So, it was done in my son-in-law's Scorpio. So, not technically a Punto road trip.

However, I decided to start the thread because of a 'sighting' which I shall cover.

The drive up & down was very nice and took a little over two hours each way. We lucked out on the weather. We spent a night & during our stay the skies were clear & it did not rain. The areas around looked beautiful with all the greenery. I am told that the landscape is normally a dull brow otherwise. I am attaching two photos for the benefit of those who have not made this trip.

Lonavala-01.jpg
    Lonavala-02.jpg

Now for the interesting part. On our way back, two strangely coloured SUVs passed us. We gave chase & managed two photos. I think they were Xylo-minis. The photos are attached.

xylo-mini-01.jpg
    Xylo-mini.jpg

Regards
    Johnny
    5 people like this.
  2. @Johnny: that is Mahindra's Quanto, 7 seater with 1.5 l mill.... next hit ready for Mahindra (Expected price 5L starting)!!!
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, you are correct. Quanto is the official nomenclature for the Mini-Xylo. From what I could make out, seven will really be a tight squeeze.

The pricing strategy could really cause ripples in the auto market.

Regards
    Johnny
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    For me it looks ugly..under-tyred..may be final version will be better