1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to kollur mookambika temple

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Shadowfax, Dec 6, 2012.

1. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    You can also visit Maravanthe beach which is near by.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whoaa! Almost live Travelogue! This is interesting.. Happy & Safe journey :steering
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hello all thanks for the replies and updates on the ground condition of roads this will really come in handy for us. I really do not know what happened much in the last few hours as i was sleeping like a buffalo in the rear seat of my car. I was woken up by my brother few minutes ago for lunch . We entered kolhapur city as the original plan was to have lunch at a place called kailash prabhat veg restaurant. But since the time was already 4 pm they were not serving the same. So had misal pav and vada pav from there. I think my defenition of pav was very different than their defenition of pav. For the restaurant owner pav is normal bread.

Anyways just exited out of kolhapur and odo shows we have covered roughly 400 km and some of the sign boards are in kannada now. The fuel guage shows exactly 1/2 tank. Average consumption has changed to 16.7 kmpl. AC all time on... Even while crossing ghats.

Just got a confirmation that we have crossed karnataka border by this sms.
    Hello! Enjoy home Internet browsing rates while roaming on Vodafone Karnataka network. Standard rates of 10p/10KB on 2G network and 2p/10KB on 3G network applicable if not subscribed to any promo pack. For details visit www.vodafone.in

Route we plan to take is as follows.

uploadfromtaptalk1354793018989.jpg

PS:- i have only one complaint till now my bro and my friend are suggesting me not to drive the car and are fighting for it themselves :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Kamat Upchar soon after Ankola(RHS) is a good place to eat. Google map shows the coordinates +14° 40' 49.05", +74° 18' 51.99" . But once you reach NH17 keep an eye on Right side some times the google coordinates may be slightly different. You will see kamat Upchar board.

Honnavar there is another Kamat(RHS) where Shimoga road meet NH17. If you go few meteres there is another one.
    In Murudeswar you will get couple of good restaurants. But you have to go near the temple.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

uploadfromtaptalk1354869593408.jpg

Roads from this point further are the worst ive ever seen or encountered. From here i started driving at 10 kmph

6. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    Any updates on the road conditions?
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Let me begin by apologising not updating this thread as i was busy the whole of last week. Got some time today and thought ill continue writing...

The road till hubli was smooth like butter. But then came the above road map view of which is pasted above. From this point on the roads were the most pathetic ive ever encountered.

I counted till 14 underbody scrapes then stopped counting and concentrated in driving. A better option would have been to sign a offroading session.

8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The roads were butter smooth before monsoon. Monsoon make heaven to hell and NHAI makes it back to heaven in winter. This periodic pattern continues every year. This year more damage is due to the heavy rain after monsoon due to depression. It is a shame to cal these roads as NH17.
  9. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    The road Shadowfax mentioning is SH1 which connects NH4 to NH63 between Yerikoppa and Dastikoppa. The renovation of this road is in progress. I went in this road to Pune to attend the factory meet. :-( While coming back, avoided this road and instead took turn to NH63 near Hubli.

I didn't had even single under body scrap throughout the journey, thanks to ground clearance in 2012 models.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.