1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to kollur mookambika temple

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Shadowfax, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hi all,

Yesterday evening my brother came back from office at 9 pm and informed me that he has 4 days leave and wants to go for a long long drive. We decided to drive to mookambika temple in kollur. Now we had to decide which car to take for the trip and how many people are ready for this in immediate friends circle. Called up and messaged the whole friends circle and luckily got one friend who can manage bunking office on thursday and friday. We decided to vote for which car to take for the trip.

1) punto 90 HP MJD
    2) Hyundai verna 1.6 CRDI

To my pleasant surprise every one unanimously voted for punto even when verna had more boot space.

Since this was a last minute plan we could leave home in navimumbai only by 10:30 am today. We did tank full diesel from navi mumbai and hit the road. Its 11:55 am as of now and we have already reached pune. Will try to keep updatinfg this thread live.

With full ac on and top speed of 165 kmph on mumbai pune expressway we are now on pune bypass road.

Full time ac on 22.5 c current fuel consumption shows 18.5 kmph.

Ride quality till now is not at all tiresome thanks to the untimate climate control system of punto.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

uploadfromtaptalk1354775548136.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Please visit Kodachadri if possible ..its a fantastic hill station...

Go by JEEP from kollur (probably an hour of 4X4 drive)
  4. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Which route do you plan to take to Kollur?
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Thanks for the info puntosat yes will try the same

NH 4 till kolapur and then towards bhatkal then kollur. Ive really not planned that well so im following google navigation :eek:

6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You can come all the way till Hubli and then take Hubli Ankola road. From Ankola roads will test the suspension of your Punto. Need a very careful driving.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes NH4 Till Hubli & Then Hubli-Ankola- Kumta is the best route. Have a Happy & safe trip Shadowfax.

sungoa is NH17 so bad Ankola onwards?

Kiran

- - - Merged Post - - -
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Currently it is in bad shape due to recent heavy rains.
  9. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    After deviation from NH to Kollur, the road is expected to be not in good shape due to the forest area and rain.

You can also visit Maravanthe beach, which is near by.

@Shadowfax, Please update the road conditions. I am traveling(Factory visit) in this route next week.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the drive is first time take care while giving space for passing vehicles in Byndoor-Mukambika road. The roads are narrow and the road and surface difference is pretty high. If left tyre come out of road there is a chance of under body(nose) scrap.