1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to hyderabad- Road condition(NH-9)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Aug 13, 2012.

1. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any update especially between Solapur to Hyderabad? or still in bad shape? I am planning to travel from Pune to Hyderabad in next month.
  2. Murali V

Murali V Timido

mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    I recently...on January 24th, 2015 did the Mumbai Hyderabad trip. The road was excellent till Solapur and a little afterwards. But post that the roads are atrociously bad with a lot of craters and pot holes. The roads are without dividers i.e old style highways and the trip from Solapur to Hyderabad till you cross Sadhashivpet is more or less boring and tiresome. It took me almost 7 hours in my new Linea TJet to reach Hyderabad from Solapur bye pass.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to forum @Murali V !!

Check for the punctures which would have been gifted by NH-9. They are always complimentary.
    My supernova too suffered quite a few after the trip last year.

And felt pretty bad to know the condition of NH even aftera year :(
  4. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Recently I have traveled from Pune to Hyderabad by my Linea MJD.
    Road conditions:
    Pune to solapur: Superb
    Solapur to Hyderabad: Very bad roads took around 6 hours to reach.
    Try to avoid night driving from solapur to hyderabad as I have suffered recently.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What route did you take? Is it bad all through from Solapur to H'bad or in stretches.
  6. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Except last 60 kms rest is not in good condition. If its day journey then their is no issue.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done this route on Feb 1st.It was night journey. Roads not that bad though as compared to last year,especially the humnabad stretch.

Miraj(10:45pm,Feb 1st) > Sangola (12:15am,Feb 2nd) > Solapur (1:22am,Feb 2nd)> Humnabad(3:08am,Feb 2nd)>Zaheerabad(4:01am, Feb 2nd)>Hyderabad(5:08am,Feb 2nd).

Solapur - Hyd completed within 4 hours, I would always prefer night journey on this route, rather day journey, due to day traffic.

Credit goes to the confidence given by my 205/65/15 tires. ;)
    Ravi Varma likes this.
  8. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    That credit should go to tyre size 65 that improves the confidence.
  9. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I'm planning to do a Pune to Rajahmundry trip to my hometown in March. So i'll stick to NH9.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ravi Varma
    You dont have other option than NH9 :) . Take ORR after crossing Sangareddy, may be round about 75Kms of ORR connecting to Vijaywada highway.

Four laning work is on going after entering into KA state. So drive carefully and see for the dumpers.Pune - Hyd should be of 9 hours journey.

Last weekend i drove from Hyd - Pune, had an acid test for my driving,it was raining in KA and all suddenly after crossing indapur(MH) ,experienced thick fog.That was my first drive in fog in night, it was not that easy to drive in fog.From 100kmph straight to 20Kmph for more than 60 Kms.