1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to hyderabad- Road condition(NH-9)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 3eR0r

3eR0r

Hyderabad

Hi Ganges,

I did a trip to shirdi this Nov and the roads towards Solapur are really very bad. While returning back we took Ahmednagar-Nanded-Nizamabad-Hyd, expect few patches most of it was a 4 lane but ya the distance increased. So you can plan accordingly.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So finally NH-9 have gone through patch work,except for 8Kms before Humnabad(if coming from hyd end).Enjoy the drive.
    Four laning work have been started with cutting the trees especially in KA.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ganges how is road condition after Solapur as I know till Solapur it good but I never travelled on Solapur Hyderabad Road.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kdar,
    From Solapur till Karnataka border,road is nice.you can have nice cruising speed.After entring KA border few potholes before Basavkalyan,most of the patch work have been done,you can maintain decent speed.after humnabad just for 8 Kms very bad.Rest good. In andhra as well the patch work have been completed.
    if you want to do night drive,go ahead. ;)
    2 people like this.
  5. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hi!!
    i am planning to drive down to hyderabad from mumbai next week. any up-dates on the present condition of roads after solapur. Is it possible to do the bad stretch after humnabad in the night? any inputs would be welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    Saugat.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I came back to Pune from Hyd yesterday itself.

Please avoid night driving. NH-9 is hell for night driving with craters like 'you are on moon' coming in between of no-where. Especially after 20 km outer of solapur towards hyderabad.
    Those crater can swallow whole vehicle.
    Road till solpaur is Ok with toll being charged despite of the fact that construction work is still pending on most of the joints.
    1 person likes this.
  7. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hello Abhishek,
    Thanks for the up-date. i shall change my plan accordingly and make it to solapur by day-break, so that i can do this bad stretch in day-light.
    Planning to start from navi-mumbai around mid-night in this case, so that i shall be at solapur around 0600 hrs and i can take a small break there and then continue on to hyderabad, maybe reaching sometime around 1300 hrs.
    Do let me know if there is anything else i need to take care about.
    Thanks.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Plan sounds great.
    Just keep eyes open after solapur as abhishek mentioned :) .
    Check if Jack is working and spare wheel has enough air pressure.

Enjoy!
    2 people like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome Saugat!! Roads become better as soon as MH border is crossed. i.e. Umarga is crossed. But neverthelss, roads are kind of cut, which need a firm hand on steering owise it will sway in either direction.

Happy Riding!!
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can any update me the condition of Roads between Naldurg fort and Osmanabad?