1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to hyderabad- Road condition(NH-9)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Aug 13, 2012.

1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ The update i posted earlier was from the same person (Ranjit). He was scheduled to return today, i guess he took a different route, no update yet.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is the November month updates.
    Hyd to Sangareddy as usual good.
    Then starts nightmare after sangareddy.From Sangareddy at least i have found 5 vehicles on jack. Man the holes 1 feet deep near by zaheerabad.on one ocassion i zeroed down completely and have to take reverse for diversion.
    Roads have gone worst of the worst.Still you want to enjoy highway drive prefer day journey.
    Im really sorry for my punto took lot of pain and the car was heavily loaded.Yoko AVS Db and MY 02 were at the best in rear and front resp.
  4. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    So I completed my 1650 kms drive this Friday. Did Hyderabad - Pune - Lonavla - Aurangabad - Nanded - Hyderabad.

For Hyderabad - Lonavla went with advise from the forum. Did this: ORR - Moinabad - Manneguda - Pargi - Kodangal - Sedam - Gulbarga - Akkalkot - Solapur - Pune - Lonavla. All roads were good condition with toll, specially in Karnataka. Could cruise 100+ almost always when the traffic as less :)

The last 20 kms of road from Gulbarga to Akkalkot (via Nellur - Sakhapur ) is BOLD ON - HORRIBLE - BOLD OFF. It took over an hour and half to cross this with 3-4 bottom scrapes for Linea. There is no road, all tar is worn out. Avoid this stretch at any cost. Take alternate route which might be a few kms longer. It was funny that the toll road ended at Karnataka border and a board said welcome to Maharashtra with this road as red carpet!
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Can you also update status of Aurangabad - Nanded - Nizamabad?
  6. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I took Aurangabad - Jalna - Jintur - Nanded - Bhokar phta (Nanded) - Bhokar - Basara - Nizamabad - Hyderabad. Jalna has a by-pass so need not enter city. All roads are in decent condition with occasional bad stretches. Perfectly navigable. Aurangabad - Jalna is four lane. Did not prefer via Parbhani because of four lane work in progress.

Kamareddy -Hyderabad four lane is super good.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Pankaj,
    Thats an useful info, i will be doing Hyd trip this weekend ,so planning this route "Sangli-Bijapur-Jevargi-Sedam-Kodangal-Hyd "
    any idea of roads from Sedam to Jevargi ?
    In my last Hyd trip i decided via bijapur instead of solapur and then to Gulbarga and finally again same worst road of HUmnabad and zaheerabad continues.So this time i want to skip humnabad and zaheerabad both. :)

BIjapur-Hyd.jpg
  8. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I did Selam - Gulbarga and it was decent road. The road in your screenshot is the same road which I took. Not sure of the condition of the route in the screenshot where the it leads towards Jevargi.

Just be cautious of potholes that suddenly appear :)
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Ganges,

How were the roads from Bijapur to Sedam? I plan to drive this or next month to Bijapur to see the place.

Thanks,

Pankaj
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry mate,i didnt preferred that route,done with regular route Solapur to Hyd.
    but i have done from Bijapur to Gulbarga(4 hours one run) via jevargi. Bijapur -Jevargi road is good . i have done this route last year May