1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to hyderabad- Road condition(NH-9)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No,thats the truth from any indian when it comes to the infrastructure :D

Suspension:- Again kisiki zazar na lagae. ;)
  2. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I plan to do Hyderabad - Lonawala in November. Anyone recently done this stretch? Reading this thread, looks like AVOID the trip by road.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @PankajJoshi

Dont worry about the road condition NH9 now. It is 4 lane road from Hyderabad to Lonawala. Go ahead and

Solapur to Pune road is mind blowing and a long straight stretch of near of around 250km is just easy to cruise.
  4. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    @kedarbendre

A colleague of mine was on the road over month back and was complaining of to layer of tar being work out around Solapur. He took 6 hrs for 200 km stretch. Is your observation more recent?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Pankaj I drove to Solapur in September to be precise on 2nd September and I reached to Pune from Solapur within 3 hours (no halt)

Except some diversion near Tebhurni but rest of the part is good.

Please note FIAT dealership/service center is not available in Solapur. Once you leave Hyderabad your next service center Pune so make sure your car is top notch condition.

One of the TFI member Ashish Shinde from Gujrat faced bad time (his car was broke down) on this road because of non availability of FASS and FIAT RSA gives your RSA in a radius of 200kms of service center.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Kedar Bhai, you are totally wrong. Only part of this stretch is 4 laned.

Hyderabad to Sangareddy - 4 laned.
    Sangareddy to Solapur - Strictly 2 laned with one of the worst roads in India currently.
    Solapur to Pune - 4 laning in progress. almost 90% done.

I just read an update about this on HVK forum a couple of days ago. Let me find it for you.

Ok, Here you go. Credits to the original author "Ranjit Puzhankara" on HVK Forum.

"NH9 Update:Hyd-Solapur:Would put NH47 Palakkad-Thrissur to shame by a mile.Kuthiran is a SuperExpressway when you see this.
    Hyd-Sangareddy :4 lane in good shape for about 50kms
    Sangareddy-Zaheerabad:Road what is that?
    Zaheerabad-Homnabad:Road says-try finding me in between the potholes.Potholes as big as ponds
    Homnabad-Naldurg:Good to bad to worse
    Naldurg-Solapur:Ok
    Solapur-Pune:4LANING complete on almost 90 percent stretch except for maybe 4 kms between temburni and indapur.railway gate still present at modimb
    Pune-Dehu Road:Roads gone terribly bad
    Dehu Road-Panvel:excellent as usual
    panvel-ee-powai:surprising not much traffic
    Hyd-Solapur took me 6 hours with some crazy driving starting at 0330.shall post pics tmrw.Solapur-Hadapsar took me around 2hr 45mins with normal 100kph,overall hyd bom took me 15hrs of driving
    I am not coming back via this road for sure,,in the process i lost two of my wheel covers front ones thanks to teh potholes.NH9 is a National Disgrace and a National Shame.I am going to post all the pics on NHAI fb for any difference if any tht it wud make."

You can find some pictures of the road condition as well on the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvkumar/search/?query=solapur
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    4 people like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh my bad. was not aware of Hyderabad to Solapur road. I thought it is full of 4 lanes.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you vj_vi for the exposure about HVK. I think it will be quite useful for my "TRIP limited". I immediately joined the group:car
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One of the worst road from start of Karnataka border till sangaredyy. If want long drive then prefer day journey,avoid night journey.Very very big potholes...
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ There you go. Words coming from our Solapur-Hyderabad monthly Express.
    2 people like this.