1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to hyderabad- Road condition(NH-9)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Guys...
    Need some real help..
    can anyone from Pune/ hyderabad or anybody who has done a recent mumbai to hyderabad road trip advise me on the road condition of Nh-9??

I am getting mixed reports about the road condition from Pune to Solapur....
    So going by Nh-9 will be a safe bet or shall i prefer the one via Katraj-KapurholSaswad-Jejuri-Morgaon-Baramati-hyderabad.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Sanjeev
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sanjeev.
    Take pune solapur NH9 and prefer day jpurney rather night.
    Solapur to Hyd roads are good.
    if preferreing night journey,then once you enter karnataka(i.e 106 Kms away from solapur) you will enjoy the night drive except for few 20 Kms before Humnabad, roads are having pot holes.

i remember in month of may i have done mumbai hyderabad trip started from dahisar at 9:45 pm and reached hyd next day 3:30 pm.myselves driven from Mumbai to Pune.from pune to solapur my bro was driving and the rest of the drive was completed by me.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  3. thanks@ganges...
    yes i am doing a day journey only...i am planning to leave around 4 in the morning...and i stay very close to the start of Mumbai-Pune express highway so i beleive by 5:30 i will be corssing Pune...
    Lets see what happens..i have also mentally deidceed to take Nh-9 only buy just confirming it once again here...

Regards
    Sanjeev Acharya
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pune - Solapur road .. you should be a bit cautious... Solapur - Hyderabad is very good ... As you are taking Day journey... no problem at all.. try to cross pune around 7 to 7 :30 am.. so that on coming Volvo buses & Truck traffic will be less
  5. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    I have done Mumbai - Hyd trip in last week of June' 12 in my Linea MJD. Was driving alone and yes it was some drive ! I suggest a night drive if convenient for you - just to avoid some crazy traffic on the highway around the villages. Well, after Solapur, you are going to enjoy your drive thouroughly. Its just a breeze to drive from Solapur to Hyderabad - by the time you realize, you already have arrived :)
  6. thanks @ shashankreddy & @ lowflier...
    @ lowflier..i will be travelling in day only due to some other enegagements..
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Pune - Solapur is the only patch which might be a little problem, it has gone a major repair and it is only 2 lane road, it is safe to travel however try being in 70KMPH range on Pune - Solapur patch, have a safe journey.

8. The trip has been completed succesfully..

Roughly 1400 kms (699 kms each way ) was completed and it took me around 14 hrs each way...
    Roads are not bad to say but construction work was a bit of pain... to add to this traffic condition between pune and solapur also added to the woes...

But overall a satisfying trip..
    Punto behaved very well with no niggles...while going to hyderabd fuel consumption was 18.9 (100% ac) & while driving back it was 19.6(80%Ac).

Mods may pls close this thread now.

Regards
    Sanjeev
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let it be open for others, if they want to use same route, can use this thread.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How much time it took to cover sholapur-hyderabad stretch? Kolapur-sholapur-Hyderabad is one option for me to travel to Hyderabad.