1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai to Hyderabad - Last week of June 2012

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by lowflier, Jun 15, 2012.

1. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Friends, I will be driving from Mumbai to Hyderabad in my Linea MJD next weekend and I plan to take the regular Mumbai --> Pune --> Sholapur --> Hyerabad route. I am pretty familiar with these roads as I have done numerous trips in the bus, not any trip in last 3 to 4 months though. I havent finalized my itinerary yet, however I am thinking of starting early (targeting to reach pune for breakfast). Need some expert advice on the road conditions now and any do's and dont's as I will be driving alone. Also, as this is the rainy season, please advice the routes on which there are minimum or no mini swimming pools as I do not want to hurt my beautiful.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    lowflier,
    last week i have travelled from Mumbai to Hyderabad in my Punto.i have started from Dahisar at 9:45Pm and drove to Thane(reasonable traffic jam),then before thane i took left exit toward expressway this is where i made mistake and was completely stuck in the traffic for one hour,it was horrible.

Express way:- i hate that express way,no lane followers,becareful from trucks.
    i reached pune @2:30am had a tea break at Loni kandh and kept driving ,next stop was nearby solapur.roads from pune to solapur are under construction .diversion and diversion only.reached solapur by 8am.reached humnabad by 11 am and reached hyd(amerpet) by 2pm.

The journey/driving was quite comfortable in city and national highway,rather express-way.

its blissfull to drive once you reach karnataka border.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Ganges, thanks for the quick response. What made you drive at night ? Man, you drove for almost 16 hours and that too in the night ? Kudos to you! Well, I am planning to start early to avoid the truck traffic, the direction of the traffic will be reverse and I plan to drive in the broad daylight.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I used to drive only daytime. But recently I made a volvo bus trip from manglore to Goa. I found the traffic was almost nill and the road was empty. The same route in day time will be completely filled by trucks and commuting vehicles. If night drive is not comfortable avoid it.

Some useful threads:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/safety-first/1811-vehicle-health-checklist-before-long-drive.html
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-road/6149-night-drive-give-your-comments-experiences-tips-etc.html
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/safety-first/30-drive-safe-drive-responsibility.html
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have anyone done the road trip from Bijapur to Hyderabad via Gulbarga,sindhagi,further connecting in Humnabad ? the road thereafter is well known to me
    If yes,Hows the road route from Bijapur to Gulbarga and from Gulbarga to Humnabad ?
    for first time i'm doing a change in trip to hyd rather the regular one via solapur,umarga.

viainterim karnataka.jpg
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Hyd>>Humnabad>>Gulbarga>>Bijapur was considered the fastest route to Goa last year. So, i don't think it would be bad. Go ahead an give it a try and then don't forget to update us.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    done with the above route.
    BIjapur>> Gulbarga >>Humnabad>>Hyd.

from bijapur to humnabad its 227 Kms,done this within 4 hours.
    About roads,awesome except for the famous karnataka speed breakers at the entry and exit of the villages.
    from Gulbarga to HUmnabad not a single speed breaker,that was strange.

vj_v1,
    planning for goa,then this route is perfect and yes its faster too.:up
    1 person likes this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Drive to Goa definitely on the list this year.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Do let me know your plan in advance. :D
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Well, We'll plan together :). This would be after Aug-Sept anyway, so we have time. Just keep us informed about your never ending NL trip schedules.
    Last edited: May 29, 2013