1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Solapur - Mumbai.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Tron, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Hi fellas,
    i have been waiting for a long trip with my -LINEA-; Finally getting opportunity to drive straight down till Tulajapur temple:car. It will be a approx 900kms/1000kms of to-&-fro journey, as i will be roaming in Solapur too.
    I will be starting my journey on this upcoming 15 December. Need help of you fellas to prepare for this trip. What crucial things related to my car i should carry??
    I'll be taking NH9 till Solapur. After reaching Solapur i'll take 'Major state highway - 3' i.e. a straight road till Tulajapur. I'll appreciate input on this route's condition. Is any one friendly with that route/recently been there.
    Pune guys, also need your opinions on route which will connect me to NH9 from MUMBAI-PUNE EXPRESSWAY easily without getting stuck in Pune city due to traffic/under construction roads/bad roads:rage.

I haven't done any tyre rotation till today, should i get it done before going on trip. My -LINEA- had done 17200kms. Let me know your views guys, i'll be a great helping hand.:)
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Atlast long trip cam

Enjoy Tron :p
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Humm thanks aniket, but any advice on it?? Things i should take care of?? Any light on road's condition if you are aware of them?
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    guys, lil change in plan, going to shirdy 1st then to Tulajapur.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    watever its nw u vl enjoy more
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Beware: At NH 9 work in progress. You can expect little bit traffic jam on NH9. I recently visited my native place Shreepur which is just 100 kms from Solapur.

While coming back from Solapur to Mumbai if you take Solapur - Indapur - Morgoan - Pune - Mumbai road then you can visit Moreshwar Temple at Morgoan. It is beautiful and you can visit Jejuri temple as well. Both places are very good.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    If u want you can get tyre rotation done.But dont do cross rotation.Carry a spare 1ltr engine oil and 1ltr coolant with u.Also check spare tyre pressure top up if necessary.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wishing you a Safe Journey, Do post loads of pictures..............
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @kedar, thanks a lot for information. I was anyway thinking about the same route while coming back. I'll surely vist all these places as all of em are sort of on the way only.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

woh...road till shirdi is VERY MUCH IMPROVED!! It was plesant experiance to drive on this patch!

Couple of years before whole road was a mess but now its a different story. Only Nashik city buged me as too many bridges are under construction, it was heck of a slow traffic experiance.
    Tomorrow leaving for solapur from nagar - arnala - barshi route.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @Tron - i would strongly advice you to drive very very safe and avoid driving @ night. i dont want to discourage you but its the worst road to travel on in maharashtra.

idiot truck and bus drivers will force you multiple times down the road. the 300 kms pune to solapur can take you 6-8 hours depending on traffic.

the traffic moves at crawling speed and there is hardly any chance to overtake and you will get damn frustrated.

last but not the least- the roads are pathetic with sudden big potholes. avoid scrapping your linea.

i have travelled 2-3 times. now i have decided that i will never travel to solapur by road. train is the best options 4.5 hours flat.