1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Sholapur -Hyderabad Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nibedk, Sep 14, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    I would be doing a trip this coming Thursday and would travelling to the following places

HYD - Shirdi - Mumbai - Pune - Hyderabad.

HYD - Shirdi - The best route seems to be HYD - Nizamabad - Nanded - Aurangabad - Shirdi.

I will be taking this route for Shirdi.

Shirdi - Mumbai will be travelled during day time and will follow the shortest route.

Mumbai - HYD - The roads are fine till Sholapur. The only concern is Sholapur - Hyderabad.

It seems this particular section is not very good. Which would be the best road option as shown in the map. Since this section will be covered last and I will be with family I do not want to risk a puncture or car breakdown late in the evening. In case any one has done this stretch recently please update on the road conditions. Any alternate route can also be taken up if its better than this stretch.

upload_2015-9-14_20-44-33.png

Regards,
    Nibed
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mumbai - HYD - The roads are fine till Sholapur. The only concern is Sholapur - Hyderabad.
    i have done this route on Sunday night it was raining from Telangana till Karnataka.Roads are very bad,its almost 265Kms from Sangareddy till solapur,its 2 lane highway, always heavy traffic with loaded trucks.Day time you can find many local commuters on this route.
    if you are travelling with family and night journey, then try to maintain low speeds of 60Kmph,also the 4 lane work is going on you can find few diversions here n there.When i was coming there was lot of rain water clogged at the sides of the road due to ongoing 4 lane work.
    Better to avoid night journey,try to start early hours from Mumbai.
    Night journey:- Minimum time you can reach from Solapur to Hyd is 4:30Mins(which i prefer mostly).
    Day Journey:- 6+ Hours.
    Above all my tire profile is 205/65/R15 which just swallows potholes,hence i manage to keep the average speed of 62 to 67Kmph...

P.S:- Hands should always be firm on steering wheel,due to bad roads.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ganges . Any alternate route. We will be start very early from Mumbai may be before 6:00 AM. But with Ganesh festivities we may also encounter some heavy traffic from Mumbai. I was planning to @ Sholapur by noon around 12:00. If I reach by that time it should be fine. But any alternate route even if a little longer should be fine as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2015 ---
    And if I have to take the Sholapur route which of the above 3 in the map has the best roads. I am fine if its a little more distance. Better to have a longer smooth journey than a back breaking one. I have the 195/60 still on my car. Thought a lot about changing tires but I value handling a little more than comfort. On all my trips the roads encountered have been excellent to extremely bad roads. My Punto has held up well till now.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @nibedk Pune Solapur road is fantastic and it takes around 2-3 hours to reach Solapur from Pune.

Another route for Hyderabad is via Vijapur but I am not sure about it if it is correct. @Ganges can help you for the alternate route.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nibedk
    The other route option is via Bijapur which costs you 100 more Kms(NH13) from Solapur and there on straight to Gulbarga-- > Sedam-->Tandur---> Sangareddy.Dont know how are the road conditions.the roads are not too busy and mostly silent(as heard) during night drives,hence avoided.its always good to try new routes during day light.
    i would say somehow manage at low speeds during night drive on the same route NH-9.i didnt see any big potholes where the whole wheel well fits-in :D (2 years back it was the famous humnabad stretch very very bad,now its ok with patch works.).
    @kedarbendre
    i done the travel from Bijapur to Gulbarga two years back ,roads were decent and from gulbarga onwards again back to NH9 at humnabadh.