1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Pune Monsoon Meet - Reports from pg 17

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Grandeur, Jul 19, 2011.

1. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    monsoon magic

hey its a good idea as this it is a very good time to get out & have some fun.
    if every1 is ok than we can go to malshej ghat on 3oth or 31st of july. As this is the best time to visit there with great environment & adventure.
    So wat say guys?
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great Idea deepam. But do you know good hotels to have food and which has ample parking space.

I am ready for any venue with my new 90HP Punto :)
  3. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    How can I miss this thread:eek:

Guys if its Malshej then let me guide you. I was there 3 weeks back. There are absolutely no hotels in Malshej, but on the way to Malshej from Kalyan, there is good hotel 4 kms before Murbad. I've tested the best 'Kanda bhaji' in India.:D There is ample parking space for our beauties.Obviously this may not suite for Pune guys if they are coming from Ale-phata.

On the top of the ghat, after (closed) MTDC Resort, I believe there are 2 resorts near the dam. That place may be good for the meals. However I've not gone there, so no idea about the food quality. :(

Here are some photos for you.
    #1 The parking place near the hotel I've mentioned above

DSC_3075.jpg
    #2 Way to Malshej
    DSC_3069.jpg

#3 Malshej Ghat
    DSC_3079.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    nmp thank you for sharing the photos. Can you please let us know the route & the distance from Pune.

Pune members where are you? I can see only Anand and myself from Pune.

13th, 14th Aug will be a long weekend so lets plan accordingly.
  5. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    thx nmp to share those beautiful pics as i have also heard tat in this season malshej ghat is one of beautiful places with lots of plush greenery & fog & waterfalls.
    so i think it can be our ideal choice to visit there this season & 1 day trip is enough on 31st july if every1 is ready than or either 30th july which ever is comfortable to all.
    & for rest of things we will enquire abt mtdc hotels & places to visit there from maharashtra tourism office.
    so wat say guys?
  6. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Expect a crowd at Malshej Ghat on that long week-end.
    Unlikely to look as pristine as in these lovely photographs.
  7. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I am in for 31st july malshej ghat plan.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Spot on Anand. The drunkards dance right in the middle of the road, not bothering about the vehicles, making it a very dangerous spot. I've heard up to 10,000 (yes that's correct) people visit Malshej on weekends.

I got following information from this website.

From Mumbai drive down on the Eastern Express Highway upto Thane and then take the road to Shahad up the Malshej ghat onward to Malshej. The distance is about 120 km. From Pune, take the Pune-Nasik Highway turn at Narayangaon or Alephata and take the Alephata-Kalyan Road. Pune-Malshej is about 130 km. Accommodation at Malshej comprises self contained rooms and dormitory Reservations can be done at the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation Offices in advance at Mumbai or Pune.
  9. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Me too! I am in for 30th or 31st July.

(Mid August, I will be on nth my South India trip, Pune-BLR-Kochi...)
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    30th & 31st July is not possible for me. My dad is going abroad so I have to be with & I have to drop him to Mumbai Airport.

Any weekend in August I am ready.