1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai Pune Express travel

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nik, Jun 28, 2010.

1. nik

nik

Thane
    Came back today from short overnight to Pune. Express highway was cool and mildly rainy. It was my first trip in Punto post 5000 kms run in and decided to stretch her out, it is the 2010 BS4 MJD. Got to 150 at 3500 RPM and felt like car could do more. Never floored the pedal all the way and stability was awesome and felt in control. Lapped all kinds of vehicles, even a yellow beetle that felt a little challenged. Did not check the FE but generally I get about 14 to 17, city and highway. Car aerodynamics is good and had to turn up the stereo volume only beyond 140 from AC and window shut level, also owing to some crosswinds, 7am at Kamshet. Braking felt comfortable.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    On a free road, free her up with several bouts of 120-150 kmph speed using ABS braking also (caution - try only on completely vacant road). You'll be amazed with the transformation :mrgreen:
  3. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Can be this done in a lower gear at lower speeds too?. I guess the idea is to let the engine rev at higher rpm's once in a while.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    On this excellent road, I did only one bout of 180 kmph. :mrgreen:
    [attachment=0:16a7ynzu]180 kmph.JPG[/attachment:16a7ynzu]

180 kmph.JPG
  5. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Oh !! I love the Mumbai-Pune expressway .. You can really stretch out the car . Linea feels very planted and stable at higher speeds atleast till 150kmph.
  6. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

180 ::OO . Now you have really tested the limit of your car.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

It shows capabilities of Linea. Great. :redcar