1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai Meet - June 29th 2014

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Sridhar, May 22, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Very much confirmed.

I can be contacted on +91 9867508038. Hopefully I will be the first to reach. And weather gods are merciful.
  2. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur
    Just a suggestion, for people who have confirmed, we can create a group in WhatsApp.
  3. Guys. I'm bailing out. My mother has fallen sick through the night. Will be difficult for me to leave herbal one and come.

You guys have a good time!
  4. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Sorry guys, I had to drop out.
    Had a long day yesterday and slept after 2am and there was no way to get up at time to join you guys.
    Enjoy the drive, especially in the cool climate.
    Post photos.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Harsh likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The meet did happen but like last time met with a lukewarm response. Many opted out citing family emergencies and many didnt bother to call of inform about not coming to the meet. So the final list of attendees included myself (ghodlur), Volt (Prashant), Asimpleson(Aseem), GirishRaghu(Girish), Sudipz (sudip) & Coolwater (Mario).

The regulars gathered at Fountain hotel at the stipulated time and waited for rest to arrive. The last person to arrive was Sudip with his friend and by that time the present already had few cups of adraki chai at the nearby tapri. Looking at the bare attendance, it wad debated whether to continue or not. But looking at the weather gods smiling, we decided to drive till Manor. 2 T-jets, 2 MJD's and 1 Fire engines set rolling. The total distance from Fountain Hotel was 50 kms approx with two breaks in between. One for the photo shoot and one because GirishRaghu experienced glow plug symbol activated on his 90 Hp Punto's dashboard which disappeared after a start. The weather was simple fantastic for the drive with cool breeze (thanks to the subsided rains), empty NH8 with exceptions of two diversions one at Vasai and other at Virar due to ongoing road works. Reached Shree Dutta Snacks at Manor (much to the chagrin of Aseem, he simply had enough snacks from the eatery till date but he graciously agreed for another round). Misal pav, Kotimbir wadis were gulped soon with a round of hot piping chais. Then the discussion started and went on till 11 am. Finally moved out at around 11.15 am hoping not to get caught in the rains as dark clouds were hovering above. But to our luck rains started and it was pouring heavily making visibility in front slightly lesser than usual. But it was fun driving in the rains and on empty roads. Overall a good drive cum meet, wish there were more to join us. As Aseem suggested and I whole heartedly agree, Mumbai meets arent happening, it would be better to join the mega Mumbai-Pune meet once a year and get satisfied. I will allow the pics to speak more.

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

DSCN0922.JPG

DSCN0923.JPG

DSCN0924.JPG

DSCN0925.JPG

DSCN0926.JPG

DSCN0927.JPG

DSCN0928.JPG

DSCN0929.JPG

DSCN0930.JPG

DSCN0931.JPG

DSCN0932.JPG

DSCN0933.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG

P_20150301_114334.jpg

P_20150301_114637.jpg

P_20150301_114643.jpg
    rajesh3rao, prabhjot, Harsh and 8 others like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pics @ghodlur. Good that less attendance didn't dampen much of the spirit and you all enjoyed the drive and chat!!
    Weather seems icing on the cake:)
    Harsh, sudipz and GirishRaghu like this.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Enjoyed it to the core. A drive in the rain with dark clouds hovering around and cool breeze; delicious Maharashtrian breakfast and lot of technical discussions with team, especially with Aseem. What else can you ask for?

How I wish there were more participants which would have meant an early morning Fiat motorcade on NH8, may be next time!

Cheers
  9. Coolwater

Coolwater Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @ghodlur...nice write-up on the meet & super pictures.
    Was a lovely drive, fabulous climate, empty roads, scrumptious Misal pav, Kotimbir wadis n' hot chai. Long discussions... another hot chai and we were on our way back. Lashing rain on the return and the Punto as usual was inspiring confidence and hugging tarmac at decent speeds. What a fabulous day it turned out to be. Cheers Guys.
    sudipz, ghodlur and GirishRaghu like this.
  10. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys I really wanted to participate in this team meet as it was my first and wanted to know each other and there cars, unfortunately my grand father passed away on Friday night and I had to text ghodlur.

Great clicks..

Appreciate if you can name people with their clothes colors.