1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai Meet 11 June: Guys who missed Anniversary Meet & ofcourse who attended also :)

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    Good morning ppl.:p:p
    i know i shd have written this yesterday itself but as the guys wd agree, it was as hellacious as it could get it was tiring :mad:after getting back home and needed to do some damage control with wife n kid as well (for staying out the whole day). The rain gods we very angry yesterday and Mumbai...... well what do i say abt Mumbai....we all know. as beautiful as she gets in the monsoon the truth underlies in the backwaters of Mumbai city. This area is called PAREL. I call it the backwaters of Mumbai cause imo it is what defines this area in the monsoon.
    Well as sanjeev has detailed above, every1 knows where all it happned. pictures speak for themselves. But what you guys done know wat we experienced to get to "Cafe Mondegar".
    As Raj said we did wrap up from Koolars in King Circle and started southwards right from the 1st flyover bridge (dadar flyover for mumbaikars) it took me 1 hour to get to the other side. Raj managed to slip thru under the bridge and continued but i could not. The bridge probably weighed a few thousand kilos more at that time not due to the number of vehicles on top but due to the amount of water on the bridge. On getting down i realized why were stuck on top. it was due to at least 2-3 ft water logged after the bridge an much more on the opp side.:eek::eek: so much water and the gc of the linea got me REAL worried. Water filled in fast within that 1 hour because Raj managed to slip thru since he crossed over 1 hour ago. i even saw an Audi stalled and therein lots of cars too. The only vehicles that were the kings at the time werr trucks and buses( never understood the BEST buses, their exhaust is so low but yet they never stall in 3ft water too. maybe the engines are waterproof). neways since we had made up our minds to reach our rendezvous point, i took a risk by getting into the water, much because there was no other choice and nowhere else to go but straight. There was a Dzire ahead of me and i could see water level well over his rear bumper at 1 point which converted by worries into fear:shocked:shocked. i kept the engine of my MJD at a constant 2000 rpm @ less than 5kmph hoping that i don’t hv to stop due to the vehicle ahead of me does not stall. It was really like driving a motor boat cause i am sure if i wd hv had to open the door ,the car wd be flooded.::pP::pP::pP neways the 2 minute ordeal finally was over once i got to the other side.:D The rest of the drive made me feel the king of the road as i cruzed along in my MJD spashing water all over and driving alone over the new lalbaugh flyover:D:p;). The rest of the evening is known and I want to add my experience like the rest of the guys
    It was quite an experience to make to my 1st TFian meet in the rain and taking the risk by drving thru the backwaters of Mumbai but I guess it was worth the adventure. Had a good time with Raj, Nikhil and Sanjeev chatting about cars, variants, competition, the forum itself and yes the 'Dark side'(am sure the guys wd remember what i mean here :):))
    Well all in all it was a day that i enjoyed a lot, always good to meet likeminded ppl who share the same passion, Fiat's. I look forward to similar get-togethers.:D:p:D
    my respect for my MJD has grown even more after yesterday's experience.....
    hail to fiat!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sanjeev:)
    Thanks Raj:)
    And Thanks Nikhil.:)
    @paddleshifter – your guesses are absolutely correct. Spot on......:eek::eek:
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Awsome pics guys...i missed it cuz it was raining badly..and mom wasnt allowing me to drive all the way down south...U guys had a ball and nice to see some new faces :)
  3. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    adding my bit

cm.jpg
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    @Mayur, thanks for the detailed description & pic, but it was an awesome experience yesterday to say the least. And, as i posted in my earlier post, you had a "Very Adventurous Meet" :D

@Fastlove, Thanks Dude..!! We missed you yesterday ::O

@Aaron, it was quite an experience and it was Fun catching up with friends..!!
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Mumbai Rocks !!!

Inclement weather or not, team finds way to meet frequently.

Good going guys
  6. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    There are some more pictures from the meet which I hadn't uploaded as they are not of ou beloved Fiats but just us guys goofing around.

Now that I read Mayur, Sanjeev and Nikhil's description of the meet and how close we were to getting stuck in monsoon flood waters it's scary. But hat's off to everyone's spirit. On that day we were not complaining but just enjoying ourselves. I am game for a meet again in the rains. This time I think it's better to do it on a Sunday morning as there's no traffic.

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 065.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 053.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 058.jpg

Picture 033.jpg
  7. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Thanks for the pics Raj :) definitely, lets plan to meet again. It was great fun roaming in the city in Rains..!!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay nice photos pals.....
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    mumbai in rains is simply awesome. i miss the mumbai rains.
  10. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Oh guys, i actually missed the fun this time as i saw this thread just now only. As these days keeping bit busy with life & work so.
    But it would had been great fun to be on 11th but my hardluck that i missed it. Hope next time i can make it out.
    Cheers to raj, sanjeev, nik & who all attended the meet.