1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai-Jaipur-Mumbai, Mar 2011!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Grandeur, Mar 4, 2011.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Those snaps were awesome. The car look superb. Your alloys look bigger than the stock alloys of gp e pack. The roads look real smooth . What speeds did you hit? milage etc ? waiting for your detailed report. :wow
  2. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Wonderful photographs indeed. :clapping
    Just a query regarding your choice of route:
    From Udaipur onwards to Jaipur, why not continue along NH 8?
    Why is it preferable to go via Chittorgarh - and use NH 76 and 79?
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

@ Grandeur :- Please share more info about the turbo sticker on the front. Really liked it and considering something similar on my white baby
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @Sandeep- we missed to meet, i wasnt aware of your trip till i saw this post today (couldnt browse TFI site for last 1 week due to abnormal work load)

Next time we have 2 TFI'ians in Jaipur and we look forward to meet you.

Cheers
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Thanks Srinivas :). Well I did 170 on NH1 for a while. The mileage was decent got around 21 KMPL.

Distance: 2953 KMs
    Fuel: 137 Litres
    Mileage: 21.5 KMPL

Thanks Aanand! Well, I will advice anyone who is travelling towards to Jaipur from A'bad. Take NH 79 and NH76, simply because the NH8 after Udaipur and till Ajmer is really bad in shape and most of the heavy vehicle travel on it, resulting most of the time Jam and slow moving traffic.

Opposite to it... NH 76 and NH 79 is smooth and very clean road.

Thanks for noticing the Turbo sticker. I had this for many months but wasn't sure where to stick it. Than found (I think) the appropriate place. I't from AutoGraphics.

Harish, I thought of calling you 2-3 times but wasn't sure of my plans and routing while my short visit to Jaipur for my Fathers treatment. Well, May be next time for sure. I too wanted to meet you guys. Infact I saw couple of Punto's around C-Scheme. I even waved (kind of ) but got no response. ::V

Next time for sure, we will meet :).
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    They have not notices the Grandeur?????, For sure they are not aware of the TFI.
  7. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Aanand! Well, I will advice anyone who is travelling towards to Jaipur from A'bad. Take NH 79 and NH76, simply because the NH8 after Udaipur and till Ajmer is really bad in shape and most of the heavy vehicle travel on it, resulting most of the time Jam and slow moving traffic.

Opposite to it... NH 76 and NH 79 is smooth and very clean road.
    -------------------------------------
    Oh! OK. Thanks.
  8. Grandeur

Distance: 2953 KMs ( Mumbai - Jaipur - Mumbai)
    Fuel: 137 Litres
    Mileage: 21.5 KMPL

An approx. 3000 KM drive to my home town and back to Mumbai, has made my car's odometer read to 44567 KMs.

It was just another day on 4th of March and I was getting ready for my office. Almost reached my car at my parking lot and got a call from my Mom, she told my about my father's health (he has a slip disc problem). It was getting worse and he was avoiding to see doctor. My mom was sounding bit low and that trigger my emotion to travel on same day. I even didn't checked my car's condition for such a long drive (though not advisable but sometime we listen to our heart than brain).

I came up asked my wife to pack the bag and get into the car. She was shocked (ofcourse), she assumed something major, but later on hearing about my Mom's call she said; calm down and lets plan the travel sometime next week or next day. But I was adamant to travel same day and to be with my folks next day itself. She than packed the luggage and after lunch we left home at around 4:30 PM.

After a tank full at Nerul's IOC fuel station, I left Mumbai around around 5:30 - 6 PM and than the drive was easy and convenient on NH8. We reached Baroda at around 11PM. After resting for around 10 hrs at my In-Laws place, we left again at around 9:30 from Baroda and towards Udaipur. Target was to reach my hometown - Sambhar lake at around 5-6 PM ( its around 750 Km).

Drive at NH1 is always smooth and very convenient. I tried to cross A'bad as early as I could and so I took an exit for Sardar Patel Ring Road from NH 1 just before I was entering A'bad and that saved lot of time.

Map.png

The second fill was of around 32 liters, after I entered Rajasthan border, by that time I had covered around 700 KMs.
    DSCN1956.JPG

We than took a halt for lunch just after Shamlaji temple at road side under the open sky as the wind blowing was cold. It was the gr8 lunch and didn't felt like driving ;).

DSCN1990.JPG DSCN1992.JPG

Sambhar Lake, was another 570 KMs. There after the lunch, I took an stop just before my hometown for a tea before Kishangadh and I reached my Home around 7 PM.

DSCN1994.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. Grandeur

Aanand, take a look at the video. You'll get the answer, why I suggest NH 76 and NH 79. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54_CC9jy-28[/youtube]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, you already completed 44K+.

Nice pictures and video.

I hope your father is well now.