1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai......sooooooo proud of my 1.2 GP.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nobrakes, Dec 12, 2011.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey people, just gotback from a 1500 km, journey to Goa and back. There were 4 of us plus luggage. The car performed brilliantly on the highways, giving an avg of 14.9 and at speeds ranging to 120-140 kmph on the highways and 1-5kmph speeds on some of the worst roads i've ever driven on (Mah-Goa borders). Infact the roads were soooo bad that I'm surprised and impressed with the Punto for making it out of there with only a couple of bottom scrapes!!! Did I mention that there is still not a single squeak/rattle from the car?:p

What a car.....I dont think that Fiat realise that they have such a winner in their stables. Two of my friends who have a Dezire, Fiesta and figo between them were very very impressed with the Punto after they drove it.

Unfortunately, my camera took in some water in my friends "waterproof" bag and I lost all the picsan the use of my camera.....but the memories of the beautiful journey will always remain with me.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. Yes its truely a great car for the highway. Can you post the route you took for the drive and also the road conditions?
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Took the NH4 till belgaum and then NH4A till Goa. The NH4 is great but the trouble starts on the NH4a as one gets closer to Goa. One has to contend with about 20kms of very bad roads and after you pass that its only about a few thousand minig trucks to deal with!

Return leg was where i was really impressed with the GP. From calngute we went thru mapusa and then too the state highway 130 thru tilari till belgaum. NEVER EVER EVER TAKE THIS ROUTE! The road (state highway 130) is very very bad....infact there is no road at all! Only people with 4*4's, who want to test their vehicles off road capabilities and are brave (in my case stupid :uh ) should take this route. Barrin a couple of underbody scrapes, we made it through. For a lil low slung Fiat it did pretty well!!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Why did you go all the way till Belgam ?

You could have taken a right turn from either Nipani or Shankheswar.

Goa trip without travelogue or pics is not done.:mrgreen: Too bad that your cam lost all pics.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is another road SH31 via chorla Ghat to Belgaum. Not much heared about this road, since most of the people choose ambolim Sawanthwadi route.