1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Bangalore Route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nitinjd, Apr 10, 2011.

1. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Arishi,
    I recently did Belgaum-Pune trip. Even Highway rates of diesel in karnataka is Re. 1 higher then that of maharashtra city rates. Fill as much diesel as possible in Maharashtra.
    The road condition in Karnataka side of the small patch which I did is far better then that of Maharashtra. Try to cross MH either in early morning OR after 8 PM. Kolhapur to Pune anytime between 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM is very time consuming even on NH4. The noon time can be little better between 2:00 to 4:00 PM. Do let us know the road conditions post Belgaum. I am also planning to do this road trip but not immdly, somewhere in mid-may.
  2. Sure Niranjan will give an update on the route. I am planning to start 3 or 4 in the morning from Thane and reach Bangalore by 9 in the night. I hope this is not too ambitious.

Thanks! Ravi sir for the valuable insight. This is surely very helpful.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Easily achievable in daytime. I did Bangalore [Home: dep 4:30 pm] to Mumbai [Andheri East: arr 6:30 am] in 14 hours in the night including breaks.
  4. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have merged 2 similar (and very informative) threads.

I am also planning to visit Pune, in end March, for 1 day. This thread has all information.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done Pune round trip on previous weekend. Wonderful driving experience.

Though most of the details are already given, few additions -
    - Watch out for vehicle coming in opposite direction. Very dangerous. Specially in night, where, till last moment, the vehicle running on other direction and vehicle coming on your path, its difficult to distiguish.
    - Couple of bad speed breakers, betweem Chitradurga and Davangere (one more near Harihar while coming from Pune to Bangalore).
    - Best streach was from Dharwad to Kolhapur, mostly in Karnataka side.
    - Toll is more on MH side and road is bad.

Overall nice to drive in day and/or night.
    I took 14 hrs from Bangalore to Pune - started 6PM and reached 8AM.
    And 12 hrs from Pune to Bangalore - started at 4AM reached home at 4 PM.

Thanks J. Ravi for providing necessary information.
    3 people like this.
  7. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

Again I did a long trip of total of 6000KM = (3500 KM in my punto + 2500KM in xylo) between 25th Feb to 11 march 2012

Myself + mywife and 2 kids got ready at 4 am from bangalore reached chitradurga at 7.30 am and then 10 min break at 9.00 am and then reached kholapur at 12 took abreak of 1 hour and 5.30 pm we were at navi mumbai and finally reach south mumbai nepeansea road at 7.30 Pm.

We plan to go gujarat at swaminarayan temple for darshan so my sister's family also join and we decide to keep my car at mumbai and took their xylo which we covered 2500 km, i enjoyed driving xylo as well which is very good car, we were two driver:myself & my sisters's husband. this was 4 day trip we left early morning from mumbai we visited the place : tithal,Kosama, bharuch,gandhinanagr,ahmedabad, khedhbrahma, Gondal, piplana, manavardhan, panchala, manglore, loej, junagath,girnar, dhoraji, virpur, jetpur, sarungpur and back to mumbai.

I want to attain special event(phooldol utsav) at evening organised by BAPS swaminarayan temple at sarangpur,Gujarat which is 650KM from mumbai. the sarangour is a place very the total population is 2000 and specially to attend that event from all over the world , there was around 1lac devotee and next day morning at 10 am left sarangpur and reached mumbai 6.30 PM.

i took my punto, we where 4 of us, left mumbai at 4 reached bharuch at 8.30 am did break fast at BAPS Swaminarayan temple which located in highway and from anand to sarangpur reached at 2.00 PM. i enjoyed driving in Gujarat's road.

On sunday 11 march back from mumbai to bangalore left by 4 reached whitefield at 8.00 pm.

As of now the OD shows 27100 KM and it’s time to do car service, i have booked an appointment which is due on next week.

Car is doing good and no issues at all.

Sorry for grammatical mistake
    Regards
    4 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nitin,
    Awesum bro,
    hope you enjoyed all the beauties of Karnataka,Maharashtra and Gujarat...
    So how was the AC effect during your journey as you have done some thousand KMS in summer.
    If you are planning to change your brake pads in second service please do take snaps for the same.

Happy Miles with more Smiles.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just to add to what Ravi has brought out. If driving at night, be aware that a very large number of trucks have absolutely no indicators in the rear - neither lights nor luminous stickers. So, if the road is curving away from you, you may not see some of these trucks till very late, especially if you are driving fast.

The second point is that some trucks will remain on the right lane only, and you will have to overtake from the left. The problem comes up when some guys decide to move to the left lane as you are overtaking. Be very alert about this.

These points are based on my recent drive from Greater NOIDA to Mumbai.

Regards
    Johnny
    1 person likes this.