1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Bangalore Route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nitinjd, Apr 10, 2011.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Need help on Bangalore to mumbai trip with family

Hi Guys,

I am planning in month of mid-may a long trip from bangalore to mumbai, with my mom, wife & two kids (16 month old & 5 year old).

I do not have much high-way driving experience but I drove maruti 800 for 9 hours from bangalore to ooty with family and recently bangalore to mysore trip shows as 335 km , 7 hour, avg consumption 20.0 per/lit and av speed 55km per hour in my GP MJD emotion pack.

I love to drive and am very much comfortable & confidence on my driving.

Should i cover in a single day drive or take a night halt at hotel?

Since this is my first blr-mum trip, Please guide me for the following:
    • What are the things to consider before journey begin(e.g car check up, emergeny things for car, maps etc). Do we have to take extra coolan water, oil etc? Regarding car care?
    • Desent veg resturant,
    • Safe place for halt for refreshment at every interval of 3-4 hours,
    • Petrol bump,Expected traffic area,
    • Any other points to share,
    • Is it neccesary to take halt for a car to get cool.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    nitinjd: I drove in my Linea from Bangalore to Mumbai in one stretch in November 2010. Left home by 4:30 pm and reached Oritel Serviced Apartments, Andheri [East] by the next day at 6:30 am.

Please have your Punto thoroughly checked up in the check-up camp to be held in Bangalore on 29/30th of this month. That's more than enough.

Please carry spare coolant, engine oil, tool kit, fully inflated spare wheel, adequate drinking water, eatables, biscuits, snacks, navigator, original driving licence/RC/PUC certificate, insurance policy, umbrellas and spare ignition key to be carried by the driver in his pocket/wallet/handbag.

There are many decent vegetarian eateries en route. Kamat Upachar is located at Sira [BP], Ranebennur bypass and just before Hubli [Reliance], Hotel Sankam Residency in Belgaum, Sai International Resorts in Kolhapur, etc.

There are a lot of petrol pumps like BP in Sira [COCO], Ranebennur bypass [COCO], Kolhapur [Konduskar], Vadgaon [COCO], Reliance at Ranebennur bypass and near Hubli, etc.

If you start from Bangalore in the evening, there will not be much traffic all along.

Just take break every 3 hours for food/fuel. That's enough both for you and your car to cool off!:)

Bon voyage.
    3 people like this.
  3. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi,

I have one question, any specific reason why you took decision to drive during night?
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I enjoy driving in night because of the following reasons:

1. Less traffic on the road
    2. Anti-social elements and trouble-makers call it a day during the night, so no extortion
    3. No crowd while crossing villages and towns
    4. No road-blocks/bundhs/agitations/public meetings
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Eateries :
    Tumkur - Tatte Idli - on the highway
    Davangere - Benne Dose / Open Dose - Decent one - PJ Hotel or any other hotel
    Hubli - Kamat Traffic Island, Prakash Hotel - Station Road
    Dharwad - Bassappa Kanavali - Jowar Rotti Meals
    Belgaum - within City try Purohit's restaurant or some other ones
    Then on I am not sure

Others have highlighted the prcautions to be taken, so do take care of the points carefully.

Have a safe journey and I myself driving to Pune from Jaipur the coming weekend.

Cheers
  6. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 people like this.
  7. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Quick updates,

I left bangalore on sat 14th at 4 am reached south mumbai evening at 7.30 pm,1058 km. gave consumption 18 km per ltr with 100% ac on. it was great experience for me and family. I will provide more detail after coming back to bangalore...... Tommorrow moving for ahmedabad...

Bye for now.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great nitin, have a wonerful trip and take care,
    Waiting to hear from you the complete journey with pictures which will add special effect.
  9. hi Guys,

I am planning to do Mumbai - Bangalore - Mumbai over the year end. Can some one share the COCO Pump locations and good short break options (Like CCD or Kamath). Any suggestions/Tips on the Route are also welcome.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    These COCO pumps are located on NH 4 from Mumbai to Bangalore
    1. BP COCO pump with Ghar Dhaba at Lonavala on LHS
    2. BP COCO pump at Vadgaon on LHS before Kolhapur
    3. HP COCO pump on RHS at Kolhapur
    4. BP COCO pump with Ghar Dhaba on RHS at Ranebennur bypass [after Hubli]
    5. BP COCO pump with Ghar Dhaba on LHS at Sira [120 km before Bangalore]
    Don't forget to have tankful of fuel for your car at Kolhapur as fuel is costlier in Karnataka.
    1. Sai Food Court on LHS before Kolhapur - delicious food with clean loo. Ample car parking.
    2. The following Kamat Upachar [Vegetarian] eateries are located on NH 4 from Mumbai to Bangalore:
    a. At Chabbi after Hubli on LHS attached to Reliance pump
    b. Near Ranebennur on RHS attached to Reliance pump
    c. Near Sira [120 km from Bangalore] on LHS attached to BP COCO retail outlet
    d. Near Dobbespet [60 km from Bangalore] on LHS attached to IOCL Jubilee Retail Outlet
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    3 people like this.