1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai - Bangalore Road Trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by rajeev_pillai, Aug 12, 2012.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi all,
    Driving to Bangalore on 15th Aug, to attend my collage reunion with my wife and kid.
    Leaving early in the morning and will try to reach by (late) evening. Got some valuable inputs from J.Ravi sir.
    Will be coming back on 20th and it may be a boring drive as I will be alone. Wife and son going to Kerala.
    Will post the detailed log after/ during the trip.

Rajeev
    2 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
  3. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Please be aware of the SPEED Bumps on NH4 you will encounter them after you enter Karnataka, the roads are mostly completed by now after Hubli mostly CEMENT Roads, there might be few diversions with very Bad Paches.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i had recently done a trip to goa in Dec '11 and the roads are nothing but a pleasure to drive on. I've reached up to hubli (not beyond it). So from mumbai to hubli I'm not sure of the roads.. But from Hubli to bangalore the roads are superb.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    cashier,
    it was really odd to see the speed bumps on National Highways after entering into karnataka,are speed bumps allowed on NH ?
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The two huge humps at Brahmasagara near Chitradurga on NH 4 and the others are unauthorised and got made by the local people.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have also found this on NH13(BIjapur to Hospet) .i was doing the drive in the evening.the strange thing is that the speed bumps are marked with zebra lines in few junctions and few junctions with only zebra lines without speed bumps and when in the night drive if i flash the light to know what exactly is in the junction,then one can the feel the junction have gone under diwali decoration :D all reflectors shining,the orange light keep on blinking always,so one will keep on guessing for the speed bumps.
  8. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I suppose in Karnataka it is allowed, I am pretty sure there are no Speed Bumps on other National Highways, you can however encounter Speed Bumps on State Highways but that is because they pass through Villages.

1 person likes this.
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thank you guys for the smart tips.
    Will be leaving early morning tomorrow so that I can reach by evening. Hope there won't be much security checking.
    will post a detailed trip log afterwards.

Rajeev
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Quick update:
    Reached Bangalore at 11.15pm yesterday after 18 hrs from starting.
    The roads are really good and we all enjoyed the trip. Also not much fatigue for the driver.
    Going back on 19th.

Rajeev

Sent from my SmartTab1 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    2 people like this.