1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mumbai Ajmer Road Trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by chakiirfan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,

I am planning to do a road trip from mumbai to ajmer, does any one has any idea which is the best route for the same and how is the road condition.

Regards,
    Irfan

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    You can take the following route: Mumbai - Vadodara - Ahemadabad - Udaipur - Ajmer. Alternatively, you can also take Vaodara - Modasa - Udaipur route. It will save some KMs but the road condition of Vadodara - Ahd (Expressway) - Udaipur is much better.
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @chakiirfan, you must have done a Google map search! If not, do it and it will show you two routes - one via Godhra and the other via Dhar (near Indore). I can vouch for this second route. It is half via NH3 and rest via other roads in MP and Rajasthan. NH3 is very good 4 lane till Manpur (a place before MHOW / Indore) after crossing Narmada river at Khalghat. You take a left there and go towards Ratlam - again a 4 lane good road. I have used this road till Nimbaheda (before Chittorgarh) last year. The part beyond Nimbaheda was being converted to 4 lane then and I think now it is good. I don't know about the road beyond Chittorgarh, but if that is bad, you can go west from Nimbaheda to Udaipur (#76) and join the first route coming via Godhra (if that is better).

A third, longer route may be via Ahmedabad, but it would again join the Godhra route. Others may guide about the route via Godhra and beyond Nimbaheda.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 26, 2016 ---
    There may be traffic issues on the Gujarat route.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prefer below mention route it would be most relaxed and possibly best route

Mumbai (NH8) -> Vadodara (NH8) -> Vadodara - Ahmedabad Expressway -> Ahmedabad (Get ON NH8) -> Himmat Nagar ( Nh8) -> Udaipur (NH8) -> Stay On Nh8 till Ajamer
  5. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest to go via modasa route
    Traffic will be only there on bharuch bridge in guj.
    Otherwise the road towards guj is one of the best.
    Have done couple of trips to udaipur from Mumbai
    Moreover, a trip to Punjab is also on cards which include from Ajmer and jaipur
    :)
    Cheers
    Vicky
  6. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks all for your inputs, i have currently zeroed in the route via modasa.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
  7. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Then will be having another travelogue shortly from @chakiirfan