1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple scratches on Rear RH door, fender, and bumper

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by CK2608, Aug 27, 2016.

1. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi guys.
    Unfortunate accident involving my punto and roadside cement pillars. attached the pics. I went to Vecto Motors today and got a quote. he quotes approx Rs 30k excluding service taxes. Another goof up of mine is that I hadnt renewed my insurance up until now. So I have paid my premium now but yet to get the policy letter.
    So claiming insurance is not gonna happen I believe. Now,
    1. can the damages be repaired by tinkering and painting shops on J.C road ?
    2. How much will they charge on an approx basis ?
    3. Is it okay to get such a damage done from J.C road or should I stick to repair from dealerships?
    4. If there are any good trustable shops on J.C road that I can check out, kindly let me know the shops.

Request the members to guide me to get a better repair job done on my Punto.

Car_Scratches_1.jpeg

Car_Scratches_2.jpeg

Quote.jpeg
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Vecto is trying to replace the door, which I think is not necessary, unless the door's functionality is affected. I do not think it is affected, as it is just a scratch.
    Please check with your nearby reliable mechanic, he can tinker it and approximate estimate should be around 7.5K (Painting 2.5K(Bumper) + 2.5K (Door), Tinkering labour, putty work etc at 2.5K).
    Or if you want to try to experiment yourself, DIY methods are available, which will be a lot cheaper. Check the below link.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/diy-paint-touch-up-using-com-paint-any-paint-spray-can.9769/
  3. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    30K is too much but at the same time it is OK as it include door replacement. IMHO, that is not required. Go to any outside reputed body shop. This can be done in MAX 10K.

If you are near Marthahalli, you can pay a visit to Sejal motors near Total Mall Doddenakundi.

Mod Note: Please do not use sms lingo. Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    As suggested by others, its pointless to go with the FASS for 2 reasons.

1. High Cost thanks to the replace than repair policy
    2. Shoddy paint job that they are capable off.

You have quite a few capable body shop and repair folks like Sai Colorium, Trends etc. Not only the cost being lower, they will do a much better and faster job than FASS.
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have a different experience in FASS, Pune. 3-4 months back a pig had damaged the front bumper. It was replaced under insurance and they did a pretty neat job as far as the paint quality was concerned.
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I had the same paint job (RH Rear door, Quarter panel and Half bumper) done couple of days back from KHT motors (body works are done in their Tata workshop). All inclusive cost was ~13000. Even considering the door replacement, the above estimate looks comparatively high.

The scratches in my case were minor though and its a BNW Linea. So it may be a case of the metallic paint costing much more than BNW.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016