1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    stay away from these boxes. they are really boxes, boxes which cause more harm than benifit. what if someone blocks your nose and just keeps feeding u through mouth? will you survive long?leave aside the ill effects.

similarly these boxes keep feeding more fuel even when there is not sufficient air from the turbo to burn it. smoke more carbon deposits, excessive rail pressure etc are the illeffects.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Sry for the late reply...I never saw this discussion lately! I would recommend to have a look at the 2nd hand tuning box personally..We do not know in what condition it is in..So! I will say you to get a new one for 13.5K..

And one more thing, please do not expect anything Like the Tjet!! It's a turbo petrol, this is a turbo diesel...!! The power for sure will be more than required...Punto's turbo kicks in about 1750RPM where as in Linea 2000Rpm..So we do get far better drivability in punto after the addition..But in Linea, a kick like the swift...

For more experience in tuned punto, please contact Rajeev21698. He's very happy with the performance...

Update:

Had been to mysore!
    Mileage after really hard driving 18.9Kmpl..
    Average speed- 120-140...
    Top speed attained- 185Kmph on Nice Road.
    Only problem- Wind noise is just too much to bear!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Long time people!! Forum was down and we were too! It was a really bad time when the forum was down. Anyhow, it has been quiet a few days. As mentioned in my earlier posts, i wanted to enhance my car's ICE. So was thinking to add a AMP and a SUB. So last Sunday, we decided to do so. My dad knew a person in Basaveshwar Nagar. We went, we choose the SUB and the AMP. My main requirement was BASS. The hollow bass really made me sick. It took quiet a long time to install these things. They weren't able to find any hole from which the AMP could be powered. At last they took it from the car's Fuse box. Now the car sounds really good. They said that 2 channel amp is more than enough as i didn't want to spend much money on that. They provided wiring kit, woofer box etc etc..Now the car sounds really good. The bass is very soothing. More update later.
    Cheers!
  4. naveenb

naveenb

Bangalore
    Hi Jishnu,

I am a new TFI member and am looking forward to book a linea. Would you be able to help compare the Linea MJD + Racedynamics to a Vento/New Fiesta if you have driven one? It would be of great help if you can do it.

Also do you have any plans of testing the bhp at the wheels using a dyno test? This would be good to learn the actual increase and compare it with the theoretical values shown. It can be done at http://www.redroosterperformance.com/.

Cheers,
    Naveen
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hello there! :)
    I would suggest you to go for the rac chip tuning box. Vento is a lighter car with a bigger engine and Fiesta is a heavy car with a lazy kind off a engine. Take any department, Linea beats any of them! Looks, safety,handling-ride, engine, and Is more value for money. We checked the vento and fiesta. Fiesta is very lazy kind off a car and for bangalore city traffic, the clutch is like a bus's! It is very very heavy! I guess it has a wired clutch! Vento on the other hand has a good engine but nothing else..And one more question, can you wait for 6 months????

I called up red rooster for that! They are asking 4K for it..So it's good to stay away! :D

The lag is reduced! But anyways we have to move in 1st gear in bangalore traffic!

But still, think and decide!
  6. naveenb
    the lag reduced so much.. experienced it in another car,
    i second jishnu on the other cars.

also with the race chip at 14 k including shipping, its vfm considering, you can set variable modes on the thing for better boost or economy and duration of the boost.

also those cars are well expesive thann the linea
  7. naveenb

naveenb

Bangalore
    Thanks Srikar & Jishnu for your advise.

I am somewhat hesitant on the after effects of the tuning box and think it is better to wait for the 1.6mjd as the rumours are pouring in. When I went for a test drive of 1.3MJD I was told that 1.6MJD is on cards but they were not sure on the timings. When persisted they mentioned that it might come definitely before 1 year - Maybe next month as well, all depends on the fiat decision.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I think FIAT will showcase the Multiair Engines, the next gen MJD and the 1.6 MJD during the Auto expo in Jan 2012. They might launch it by then along with the small car.

So waiting for a 1.6 MJD is a good option, else 1.3 MJD will anyways be there in Jan 2012 too.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am planning to visit this Auto Expo 2012. : anyone interested then you can join me :)
  10. hrherle

hrherle

Bangalore
    Hi All,

Just been through the complete thread. With all these boxes I wonder how the fuel efficiency has been so excellent on Bangalore roads? I do not rev up beyond 2500, but still manage to get only around 14-15 without AC and 12 with AC with Bangalore traffic. On highways, it is 19 with AC. Anything that I am missing?

Thanks,

Harsha.