1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    1)I'm not finding any increased noise. The only noise that comes is when the engine is cool in the mornings..(Tappet sound).
    2)This is a costly matter. So thinking of desi sound proofing. :D
    3)I'm pretty satisfied with the performance. I haven't ever put to the max output. I'm doing around in the city with the lower middle range.
    4)Surely we can meet! No probs! My meet with other Tfi'ans is also due! :)

@Kedarbhai-
    I'll put CF vinyls on the ORVM's and some other places like the doors grab handles.
    & about White wheels, I know a person in bangalore who does all that job and does pretty decent too! I'm uploading a pic of my logan, which had white 16" wheels!
    Thinking of smoked lights too, as kedarbhai suggested! Lets see what is my dad's take on that! :)
    New mods-

Getting a Engine start stop button sourced! Exactly like the new verna's! Anyone else interested?? And any good electrician around, in Bangalore???

P5220470.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Jishnu thats great. Once u done with white alloys do upload the pics.

It was in my mind also
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    9000Kms EDIT: Steering column Upgrade + ECU firmware upgrade

As said earlier in other threads, had given my car for the Official upgrades.

Service Center- Concorde Motors, Dairy circle.
    Experience- Really good.

They had asked me to drop the car in the morning. I had some other complains like
    1)12V socket wasn't working.
    2)Wind Noise
    3)Rear Arm-rest was making some clinch noise.

The steering column and some hose pipe were upgraded FOC. I had also asked about the firmware upgrade which was the CAN up-gradation. Everything was done very perfectly and the car was delivered in the evening about 6:30 Pm.

Difference-The software upgrade did some really good job. It pulls cleanly from 1500 RPM..The sound is also less as compared to say yesterday. The arm-rest noise is also gone now.

The experience was really good and the person who was looking after my car was Mr. Maisud Khan. If someone wants to get the car serviced there, please do contact him, he is the right person. :D
  4. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    May i know if i install Race-chip on my Punto 90hp (Eur 129 from Race-chip website) will the power 114ps as claimed on the website will be like Linea T-jet power? As i see linea tjet has similar power offering on stock. So just i wanted to know how the punch would be felt. Will adding Race-chip on 90hp gives good performance boost? My Punto is 20days old with 1600kms on ODO. Is it advisable to consider installing on it or wait till it covers atleast 5k kms? Any advice would be of greater help. Thanks
  6. it is worth if its with bill. plus find out if it is in working conditionn or it blew..
    i got one for the x trail which costed just little below 14k including shipping. this seems to be reliable, but if it is second hand, i would not buy.

it might not increase to 114 might be 105? thats all.

you can sure feel the power increase, you get that pushed into the seat feel..
    i would say get the box now, the engine would get set to the performance box and give you better results than you fixing the box after 5k kms..
  7. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Thanks for quick jump in reply Srikar, in the link provided for Race-chip he clearly mentioned "Will Get manufacturer warranty, Original bill, Instruction manual, check plug, wire harness & Custom Duty Bill too". So if anyone from Delhi can confirm , it will be of greater help. Or i dont mind ordering from Race-chip website, but just wondering how much time will they be taking to deliver. i know its pretty quick, but Indian customs will hold it i guess untill i pay them Custom duty fees which is again of big messup. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this process so i can go ahead with Race-chip directly :)
  8. you get the parcel in a small cardboard box, like 9x4x2 box. it is shipped by some company, a good one(famous) dont remember the name,
    they charged 45 quids extra for the immediate shipping. came within 2 weeks from germany
  9. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
  10. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad