1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

what was the speed you were when the accident occoured?
    what might be the speed that lady was travelling?

the bumpers seem to be a bit flexible to allow little impact and save them rather than be strong and break.
    this is basically done as per the EURO-NCAP pedestrian safety ratings.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@Srikaratluri- We were standing, that lady was traveling around 20-25. I tried finding the Euro Ncap ratings for Linea, but couldn't find! :(
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Update: Mileage on Highways- 21.2 Kmpl

Hello everyone,
    Had been to Mysore today. It was a very nice journey.
    Total Kms= 276
    Average Mileage=21.2 Kmpl
    Top Speed- 190@4500 Rpm(Will cross 200Kmph at 5100 Rpm :)

Handling is just top notch! A swift was taking a turn, when we overtook him, he was just like :shocked

Race-Chip not set for max output. Car pulls upto 75 in 2nd gear.

Can anyone help, how to reduce wind noise.

3 people like this.
  4. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

hi jishnu,
    I have some queries :-
    1. Have you installed K&N Filter?
    2. Any problem with the warranty if we install Performance kits?
    3. What about mileage?
    4. Any black smoke from silencer if you race the car?
    5. what about the engine life?

I have not seen any Linea 1.3 with performance kit, so please help me which kit I should use and how much to pay for this?

Your suggestions and guidance is valuable form me..
  5. wind noise.
    some one posted in the forum to get the ovrms checked and replaced due to excessive road noise.

but then, get the the beadings checked.
    the front quarter glass and the orvm stalk checked.
    you might be able to use a little sealant sonr of substance like gel or something to further reduce the noise
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@multijetter- Sir,
    1)I've not installed K&n Filter.
    2)It is not a performance kit, it is just a plug and play device.
    3)Mileage is just excellent. Average in city is around 15.5Kmpl, Highway 21.2Kmpl. Will be more if you drive at 80Kmph.
    4)It is obvious that diesel cars do emit black smoke, but yes after adding this, no excess smoke :)
    5)I've not faced any problem after adding that. Have done 4000Kms with it and is running fine.

I checked everything during the last service. And can you throw some light on the Gel or sealant you are talking about. My dad had met a guy, who had put it for his punto and was very happy. But he didn't tell the cost of that product..:(

7. that was my guess.
    i mean i am talking about the silicone gel we get which is used when we replace the whind shields. that eliminates all the smaller gaps and gives you an air tight fitting, which will reduce the sound.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Thanks mate! :) Will find some solution for this and update :)
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Wiper Problem!!!

The car is working at its full potential, but there's a problem now! :(
    Whenever I use the Soap spray, the wiper doesn't start. I mean it doesn't clean the glass. Then manually I've to switch the wiper on! Does anyone has a solution for it?? I'm not planning to go to the service centre as it is far from my place!
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    reset ecu by disconnecting batt terminals i also faced same in last yer did this thing n it works for me,
    if its not den chk BCM at Tass