1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ya actually i can try the race chip box. i am just thinking about the damage it can do. you wont feel the problems untill few thousand kms, but might be later the fuel pump might start leaking.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Nah these are advanced machines and wont jam unless you have dirt in your fuel they injectors will be jammed. Simple logic.
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    I was speaking about the damage caused due to more pressure in pump due to the tuning box.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The pump supplying fuel to the common rail is a robust piece of engineering. I wouldn't be worried about it.

What i'd be concerned about is :
    1.The turbo. First and foremost.

2. The clutch

3. The valvetrain

4. Injectors.

5. Gearbox and drive shafts.

Gurjinder.
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i woudnt bother about gearbox and other stuffs. they can handle the souped up power for sure.

yes the most important thing which i overlooked was turbo obviously. it will run hot with added fuel in combustion chamber.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    As said by Gurjinder paaji, you need to idle at the start and before switching off the ignition.
  7. Yes, second stage Pump is set at 1400 bar as FIAT SA,I think tuning box alters the secondary pressure,same pump can also pump at 1600 as in CRDI-II.

Regarding damage Gearbox,valve train,injectors ,I don't think manufacturer will design new gearbox or custom made valve train or injectors for only xx amount of torque or BHP.
    Most of these items have higher tolerance levels than what it is used for,for other than VGT and supporting electronics there isn't much difference between 76BHP FGT and 90BHP VGT.there is spec of 105BHP for 1248CC MJD not sure about torque.

I guess it's the modification to air filters like foam or cotton does more damage to engine block than these tuning boxes, since they are adjustble , go for optimal setting than extreme, I have been running on TMC tuning box since last 15000 Kms with mild boost , in fact engine feels lot less stressed than before.
    -Sat
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sat, the ownership thread is being hijacked.

Let's continue our discussion elsewhere.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    No probs! This forum is to discuss general facts! :) I've have no problem :)
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Update : Solid Construction of the bumpers!

My rear bumber was badly hit by a lady in a two wheeler who was talking on the phone!
    Thought that it was a replacement case as soon as she hit my car! But when I went and saw the bumber, god it was intact and were just few scratches on it. It is only a little misaligned, but not visible at a glance though. I give a +1 to Fiat Linea's tough body shell!!
    Cheers,
    Jishnu