1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Turbo need idling for 2 mins then what if you are at Signal which will stands red for more than 2 mins. After 2 mins you will start your car then do u need to wait for idling for put on 1st gear continue without idling??

I dont have knowledge about Diesel. Why does they need idling??
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai, search TFI for ''Start stop idling''.

You'll come up on a thread where your concerns have been discussed.

Gurjinder.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji thank you so much for this information :)

Cheers
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Today had been to Prerana Motors, Hosur road for the first service.
    The service chap was pretty good and solved all the problems. The estimated time was around 2' o clock, but after my request he delivered the car at 11:45 Am. I'm very happy with the way they treat the customers. Got the engine oil changed (Rs 537/- bottle + Tax.). Had few minor issues which were sorted out by him. Overall rating- 9/10.
    Cheers,:)
    Jishnu
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White - 7000 Ownership Report

7000Kms Update

The car is now a gem! The MJD is performing to its full potential after the addition of the race-chip tuning box and Vkool heat reject's all around. The car reaches 75kmph in 2nd gear as shown in the speedometer!! The car is performing like a true work horse after the addition of the box. the mileage in city with full time ac is 15.2kmpl. The total odo reading as per 08/06/2011 is 7269kms. The Vkool's are really good and the car doesn't get heated up at all even after keeping it direct under sunlight.

So figures after adding the box-
    0-100 - Approx 12 secs :D
    20-80 in 3th gear is about 9.56 secs.
    40-100 in 4th gear is about 10.83 secs.
    Top speed attained 185 kmph (Rev was 4800), but ran out of road :A

Next mod Planned is Stanley Seat covers.

I'm really very very satisfied with the car and its performance :)

Only 1 picture after adding the Vkools.

Photo1591.jpg
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Here is a picture of the tuning box!

Photo1611.jpg
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Does the stock turbo also need this?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have a read of this Kedar bhai.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Linea MJD with Race-Chip tuning box!!

The race-chip tuning box is a very good device which increases the overall power and drivibility of the car. As we know, the Linea MJD suffers from a disease called the "Turbo-Lag". The car is very powerful in the mid and top range, but there's a severe problem in the low end. The car just resists to climb up the Rpm range below the 2000Rpm. So there were 2 ways left out,
    1) Ecu Remap.
    2) Tuning box.

1)Ecu remap- It is the safest option, but no proper tuner is available in Bangalore. And it costs a whooping 22k. So i just discarded this option.

2)Tuning box- The second option was this, and the power output as compared to the remap was better, but i wasn't sure of the turbo-lag thing. I had a lot of options in this.
    a)Pete's tuning box- Power was up to 105 Hp and torque was around 240Nm. But this thing costs more than the remap i.e. 28k. So this thing was even more costlier, so gave it a miss.
    b) Dragon tuning box-This tuning box was imported by red rooster performance and had a great output too, but price was on the higher side. So i gave this also a miss. :)
    c)Race-ship tuning box- Next came this thing, from Germany. It had a great output of 120Hp and torque of 275Nm torque. This things costs only 13k which was just half of the other options. So i decided to order this thing.
    I received it through UPS, which was very fast in delivering this item.

Installation- It is very easy to install, and can be easily fitted within 20 mins. (20 mins because it was the first time and did not know the technique to open the covers and all.)

Performance- The performance is absolutely mind blowing. The car starts to accelerate from 1400Rpm itself. Now the turbo-lag is not as evident as before. There are 24 settings inside the tuning box, for the type of performance you want. The base is considered to be 8(minimum power) to 7(maximum power). There are two dials. The left dial is for the performance increase and the left one for moment the tuning box kicks in.
    I've till now used upto 1-5 settings. Haven't gone futher.

Mileage- The average mileage in Bangalore city conditions is about 16.4 - 16.6 with 100% Ac.

Verdict- This thing is real value for money and improves mileage as well as drivibilty by 35-45%.

Pics follow later.
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
    4 people like this.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    seems interesting with lot of settings. anything for the petrol from them as the prices are really attractive.