1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    It was awesome meet....
    Couple of snaps taken by Jishnu...

His Linea & My Punto...
    IMG267.jpg

My FGP...
    IMG273.jpg
  2. Hey how does the car behaves with Full Load?? with e-3 if i hover pass 3000rpm in any gear the mileage will be 12.5 :( but in highways i get 18~20 can't complain more :) BTW, how is E-4 setting?

@Jishnu,

I saw a good article about racechip and its settings will post it soon
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Yes... With full load on board it starts Rocketing after 2500 RPM... Your car must be already 60 Kg lighter than my FGP as yours is 2011 model while mine is 2009 model... It should struggle less than my FGP in case of fully loaded... and to be honest and Frank with you, I never expect best of both the worlds... I never keep an eye on Fuel Economy as long as there is no Major hole in my pocket... I am willing to scrifice couple of Km per liter of diesel, if I am getting good fun to drive feel and pulling power... Its just that Jishnu asked me other day about FE so I had noticed it returned me 13.5 kmpl that time... On long drives I try to notice FE but I dont try to maximize it by giving away that fun to drive feel... and Yes just as Jishnu said... Most of the time I do red-lines in all the gear shifts...

E-4 setting is fun... better than E-3 I had earlier.... But wont be able to comment on FE its returning as i dont know how much did it return when I kept it on E-3... but yeah it was pulling nicely even at E-3 when it was completely loaded...

I would suggest you to take the Air Filter out and put the Airblower for some work to clean the Air-Filter... There surely will be some noticeable increase in power... I do it religiously for every 3000 Km.

Good to know that you also have got a good article about "RaceChip"... Post it soon... would be interesting to go through the same..

Cheers...

Neel
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Sorry for that! I thought you were running om "5" and "6".
    And sorry just checked my mail and saw that you asked for the other pics as well, but i won't be able to as my dad has just returned from the office now and will be leaving again at 4:30A.M.
    I'll send them tomoro if you don't mind, and Please do create a thread of our Tfa (a=Ahmedabad) meet :)

Cheers!
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    No Problem Jishnu... Send those pics at your leisure...
    I guess today you are leaving for Bangalore... and I am leaving for Pune- Mahabaleshwar - Wai - Panchghani... I will be returning on 9th August I guess...
    I will create the TFA thread after returning from my trip...
    Waiting for those other pics... and Hope to meet you soon some other time :)

Neel :)
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Pics back from my trip! :)
    P7233070.jpg
    P7233069.jpg
    P7233065.jpg
    P7233063.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Ok! So atlast i'm updating my thread after a long time.

The car has done 40000Kms with the tuning box still running smooth. The tires have to be changed in a max of 2000 kms more. The car is here with me in bangalore from a month and infact its has done 45 Kms from the period i've recieved it from my dad. So, what was i saying?! Yea, yea, today just thought of testing the 0-100 Kmph timings..So headed to a parallel road just beside Banneghatta road. With 3 people on board including me, weighing 65kgs, 60kgs, and 100kgs respectively!

Here are the best timings i could manage with the stock watch
    1)11.97 secs
    2)12.23 secs
    3)10.92secs

So the average stands out to be 11.70 secs. So Finally the Linea with the tuning box reaches 100Kmph mark under 11.5-12 secs. I had a lot of wheel spins though..
    Cheers! :)
    3 people like this.
  9. That's gr8! Which setting are you running now???
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm not very sure because i changed at Ahmedabad..I think it's on 5,6..