1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    People certainly are jealous of the Italian beauties. My Jet was dented by a fool in the parking lot of my grandpa's flat in Chandigarh.

Maybe we need something like "Nazar Raksha Kavach" for our cars!
  2. Really sorry on your tail lamps :( But great to know that your car is doing great!

By the way, your pics of the setting aren't very clear. The last pic looks like 6,2 is the last pic actually E,2? I would also want to try that. Also, the FE of 22.9 is wonderful :clapping
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Exactly! Need to find out some way!

Really its not in our hands..
    Anyways, the first one is 6,8 and the second one is 6,2 :) Sorry clicked with the autofocus.
  4. Thanks for the clarification Jishnu. Which one do you recommend out of these two? I have not changed the 2nd knob so far in my Linea. The 2nd is in default setting and using the first knob in "4". Tried the first one in "6", power was good but FE dropped a lot. FE in city is 14kmpl for 4 and 12kmpl for 6.

Do help me in choosing between 6,8 6,2 or E,2. Need a balance between power and FE. Since the car is with my dad I never get the time to change and test it myself.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Oh i see...That's quiet less actually. See if i wanted good fuel economy with good acceleration i would have kept "F","F". See you set your tuning box for the max output, the max revv you can do is 4000RPM, but in this you can pull easily up-to 5100RPM though its not necessary.
  6. Jishnu,
    Now what??, you asked me to keep it in E-3 i did. Now you have changed to something else :( very bad ;). so what is the better settings now with good FE? i revv the engine upto 3krpm all times and occasionally 4krpm. let me know the best settings that you have found. it need to address the below issue also :D

PS: with E-3 settings when in single or double with A/C the Car Pulls well, but with 5 on board with A/C its a bit sluggish rather i will put it as with 2 + A/C i get the ooooo factor right from 2000rpm but with 5 + A/C i get the ooooo factor after 2500rpm only with heavy pedal push.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

I think F and F is a good option. Just try it out.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. @Jishnu, Tried settings F-F as suggested by you, for me it doesn't work out, Engine feels strained, though he said its revv friendly i doubt(at least in my car :D). May be it will revv happy in highway i reckon. TO me E-3 is better than anything else, in Highway it is a breeze(getting FE 18) and in city it leaves other cars behind(getting FE 13.5). I havent done much R&D with Racechip after E-3 settings :D. If there is any settings that is better than E-3 pls let me know. My only concern with E-3 is with 5 + A/C i get the ooooo factor after 2500rpm or rather missing :(
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Sure I'll do that. I test drove Naughty's Punto and understood the following things-
    1)The power delivery of the punto is very different of that of Linea.
    2)The engine feels very free even below 2000Rpm, where as in Linea its more of a lag! I guess his box was set to "5" and "6", and what i could understand is the FGT being smaller a smaller Turbo helps in the lower RPM's where as the VGT helps in the higher revs. When the is very low torque in the Linea, the Punto has plenty of it, and when the Linea starts pulling, the power slowly fades away in the Punto 75Hp.
    3)The vibrations on the other hand is more in the Punto.

If I were you, i would have gone for something in the Higher section of power such as "5" & "6" or so. The Mileage shouldn't be a concern as Naughty is getting 13.5Kmpl even after redlining in all the gears!

Now Comes my Story

Had been to most of the Holy Places in Gujarat, namely Dwarka, Somnath.
    We started on 22/07/12 at 8:45 A.M. The distance to be traveled was around 470Kms. The route was chosen which was via Rajkot. The car was driven from Ahmadabad to Rajkot by myself. And you know, when I drive i love it red-line in every possible gear. I pushed to car to its limit at many places. Though not recommended took turns at 130-140Kmph and guess what, Linea as always did then with ease. The average speed on MID was 91kmph. At stretches, i was doing 140-150-160-170 so on! As I'll applause for the kinds of roads in Gujarat! Hats-off Mr. Modi.
    My tuning box is running on "6" and "6" setting. Press the accelerator, at 100Kmph, you feel the push from 120Kmph to all the way till 160-165Kmph. Sometimes i really felt I was in the 3 gear, but when I put my hand on the gear Lever I noticed it was at 5th :D I think i'll be moving on with this setting as even when you hit the red-line, the check engine light doesn't come up!
    Then we reached Dwarka at around 4:30P.M. The car gave a average mileage of 18.7Kmpl till then. Visit to the city and the temple decreased the mileage to 17.9Kmpl. The next day visited the someshwar temple, Gopi Talaab and many other places. This route was a loop and probably the worst stretch in the entire journey. The max we could do was 40Kmph. The mileage was same 17.9Kmpl even after we reached our Hotel for checkout.

The after checking out, we headed towards Somnath. The route was via porbandar and magrol. The first 100Kms were a bit rough. Th road was narrow, had patches all over it, pot holes and everything else what you expect from typical Indian roads. Then we had the pilot change in between Porbandar and Mangrol. Reached Somnath at around 7 P.M. and visited the lord around 8. It was some experience :) The breeze is mind blowing outside the temple. The next day we visited many other places including the places were the Pandav's hid during their 14 years "Junglewaas".

Then we started for Ahmadabad at 1:00 A.M and the route was via Rajkot and Chotila. Then again the car was handed over by me to my dad at Chotila. Still the average mileage was 18Kmpl exact. We reached Ahmadabad around 7:30P.M. in the evening.

Total Distance- Around 1200Kms
    Fuel Consumed- 67Ltrs (Approx.)
    Avg Mileage- 18Kmpl
    Avg speed- 72Kmph.

Pics to follow soon! :)
    4 people like this.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Buddy... a little correction here... Mine chip was kept on "e" & "4"... It was not on "5" and "6"....

I have not tried any higher settings than that yet... I am in no hurry... Every setting I put it on, I try it for couple of hundred Km. to get the engine used to it... Will increase it gradually... step by step... You also need to drive it for at least 50-60 Km. to understand the real output derived out of that particular setting...

Neel :)