1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multiple Race-chipped Jets

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by jishnu, May 18, 2011.

1. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Yes, I did try to fix it again when my AC vent and seat height issue was fixed in the Month of Dec. Unfortunately, it did work only for a week and now the tank is leaking again :( .... not sure what to do about this. I dont want to go all the way to showroom again to fix this issue :(
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

Srikaratluri : I can vouch for the build quality of FIAT. I own a Linea (2010 Nov) MJD. My car was hit by a BUS in kerala. This happened two weeks later I purchased the car. The bus was coming like flood water....as if the driver was in a hurry to reach home to attend nature's call. That idiot was overtaking a rick, the road was too bad....so many potholes...my bro was driving. He took the car to the brim of the shoulder.....the idiot bus driver cud not control the damn thing properly, the bus brushed past the rear of my car. My brother immediately stopped the car and craned his neck out of the car to check the damage....the expression on his face told me not to see it myself.....he barged out of the car, shouted at the driver....he stopped....i didnt come out of the car for a while as i was sure that i wont be able to see the damage.....later when i came to inspect the damage, i was checking all over the rear side but cud not find any visible damage other than some scratches....on close inspection you can make out a slight dent though. Once the scratched area was cleaned there were hardly anything to prove that this car was actually hit by a speeding monster bus. I heard a loud thud and was almost lifeless for a moment inside the car. I went cold n numb ...huh....I guess i posted the pics some time ago here.....

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Originally Posted by jishnu
    1)Windshield sprayers don't spray water!

This problem is fixed for you guys? I had a problem with the water sprayer. After 3-4 pumping it will stop. I could only hear growls after that....I opened up the bonnet to investigate and found that the tube bringing water from the can was detached at the Y connector. The Y connector is used to distribute among left n right jets. The pump is very powerful that the tubes could not handle the thrust. I used to connect the tube, but it will again get detached soon. Then the guy at FASS put some glue on the Y connector where the tube got detached and rapped it with a piece of wire. It was fixed. But not for long. After this was fixed the other tube started coming off. Then i did the same glue thing for the other tube and now it is working perfectly well. I put 2-3 drops of shampoo in the water can. It wont create any problem though.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Jishnu:: Very interesting.. My punto never gives me higher than 14kmpl with moderate AC usage ( turning on when needed and switching off when i feel that the cabin is cold)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I live in bangalore as well and have by black beauty from the past 2 yrs. I've not faced any issues with either the wiper washer or its spray..
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Ok now its a serious case! My dad has lost the flippy key! He has the other spare key, but he need a new flippy key. Can anyone tell what is the procedure and what can be done and where? Please reply fast!
    Thanks in Advance.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You could get it from Fiat. They charge Rs. 6500 or so. You can check with Fiatjay as well.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Thanks ramjn for the quick reply! :) I'll contact him regarding this..
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I also guess some insurances cover that. Tell them it was stolen from you pocket outside a restaurant :)
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I think, insurance guys will insist on claimant's complaint to the jurisdictional police, their FIR and closure report after 3 months, before processing the insurance claim for stolen goods. Many years back, I did these formalities for claiming insurance for a stolen music player from my former vehicle MS Omni.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

You are right about the build quality, once I was hit by a loaded truck from the back my car was stopped in a signal and the truck hit me just after the signal went green and the truck turned left. My rear lights and the fender got damaged and I had to replace/repair the same (I somehow managed to get 2k from truck driver after 1hr argument between truck driver and police. :)
    But I must say there was very less damage which I expected since the truck was huge and loaded. I have owned Santro,Swift,800 etc and have experienced how it gets damaged even with a light touch. while closing the boot and doors one can feel the built quality of Linea.
    However I feel compare to rest of the body the bonette is very light and one should be careful not to press on top.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

So what else??

30000+ Kms and the car is always ready to rock and roll! My dad says he's very proud that such a big and heavy car gives him an Avg mileage of 17.1 kmpl in Ahmedabad city! As far as i remember the left one is at 4 and right one is at 5.

All i know is, Fiat Linea is the best driver's car upto 20L segment!! :)