1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MultiJetter Becoming TJetter

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pemmasg, Nov 23, 2013.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks PatchBoy and CS. I was totally cut off from rest of the world for 4 days :) and hence couldn't reply.

I will TRY to hold back for at least 1000 KMS.

Regards
    Gopi
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Today while driving back home I noticed a oil drop fell on my right feet. I suspected something happening in the steering column. After reaching home I checked the beneath the dashboard and noticed that a 1/4 of drop of greenish oil in the sleeve of steering column. I just wiped off and going to look again in the morning whether there is steering oil oozing out. May be I think I need to drive a few kilometers or just turn on the engine and just turn the steering left and right for sometime. Not sure on how serious this is, hope this is covered in warranty

Does any one faced similar issue?

I am little bit worried as I have planned for a long drive :-(

Regards
    Gopi
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pop the bonnet and check the level of power steering fluid.

Rajan
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

In the MJDs, the power steering fluid is RED in color. Is it greenish in the T-Jet?
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Ok I will check in the morning, but I am not expecting any change as the oozing is very minimal. I am afraid whether there is a leak in the power steering rack. In that case what would be the solution?Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No it is not. Even in the MJD, it should be golden yellow and not RED. If it is RED, time to change the oil :). It might appear mild reddish when new, but should not be dark.

images (1).jpg

If it is dark RED, then it is on the way to becoming like the one on the right.

I doubt it Gopi. I doubt if the leakage in the PS rack would be high enough to drip on your foot. I hope it is just a case of wrong lubrication in the universal joint. Have a look in daylight and let us know.

Rajan
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is not dark RED. It is clear RED like fresh oil. It was the same when my car was brand new. Here is a pic from Zen's car when it was brand new. :D

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/10666-fluid-top-ups-confused-2.html#post194291
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The one about oil being sprayed on the disc to keep it cool, IIRC. Anyway, it is really hard to make out the colour of the oil from a single drop :D

Rajan
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I think it shouldn't be the steering oil as the colour is mild red. Here is the pic with arrow mark pointing where I saw the greenish oil sticking.
    I just wiped off the oil and will drive couple of hundred KMs and check whether it is appearing back.

IMG_20131224_080636.jpg

As Rajan mentioned it could be the excess lubrication. But I don't want to take risk as I am planning for a long drive.
    I am also suspecting whether is there any possibility for water droplet from A/C??

Regards
    Gopi
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    In the first place does anyone know whether the steering OIL reaches the cylinder where I have pointed out?

Regards
    Gopi