1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MultiJetter Becoming TJetter

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by pemmasg, Nov 23, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Gopi. Let's go for a trip sometime in January. ;)
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hi gopi, finally the face off :)
    Looking very elegant sir. Do take care of it. There is no harm in remap if at all available :)

I am waiting for switchable remap will get it done as soon as it is available
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats Gopi. Enjoy the Jet.

Remaps are already available from ToT and some others, but that would be just one map. I do not believe one map will make much of a difference to diverse driving conditions. If there is a map that is suitable for all driving conditions, albeit a bit of compromise in each condition, that is the stock map.

Knowing Rajiv, had we been successful in reading my ECU the other day, we could have already had a working prototype of the switch-able variety for the T-Jet. That said, I am quite confident that it will be available for the Jet in a month or two.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Ramesh. I thought you are already in the town. But it looks like you are not.

Regards
    Gopi

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Rajan.
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Probably this is the answer for many who keep on asking, "why the manufacturer is not providing such a performance remap if it doesn't harm the car". It is just a generic one suiting all driving conditions.

Thanks and Regards
    Gopi
    2 people like this.
  6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    What is the recommended break in period for Fiat petrol engines? Do we really have a break in period nowadays??

Regards
    Gopi
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ah. The million dollar question, that every new car buyer asks :D

While my response may not be technically correct, I have followed this on all my cars and have never had any issues, so here goes -

1. The engine block itself would have been run for testing in the factory on a bench, so no run-in required for the engine block
    2. The engine alone does not make a car. Most other parts would be brand new, without any kind of bench run-in
    3. Shocks, mounts, gear box, clutch, tyres are a few that I can think of
    4. These parts also need to be run-in
    5. End of the day, all the components of the car will need to bed in and work well as a single unit

So, for the first 1000 kms, take it easy. Try and explore the rev range and avoid being at a constant RPM for long durations. Try and avoid harsh braking, sudden high rev bursts. Drive the car normally - do not handle it with kid gloves or do not go for a track day, for the first 1000 kms, at least.

Good luck,

Rajan
  8. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Manual does not quote anything, but yes 1000 Kms is the thumb rule. But having said that ... Seeing an empty piece of road(highway) or someone trying to act smart on the highways... and knowing the power you can unleash.. it takes a tough mind not to forget the rule ... Well i forgot about it close to 600KM and realized i was overshooting at about 630 + before i pulled back ... Happy driving.. :up

Best
    CS
  9. Congrats Gopi... Glad that you are back to FIAT. How about our Car Swap Exercise we used to do with the 90HPs ??? :p
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good idea. You too buy a Tjet soon and do a swap with Gopi. ;)
    2 people like this.