1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Multijet vs i DTEC vs dCi vs TDCi (1.5) vs D4D (1.4) vs CRDi

Discussion in 'Technical' started by kedarbendre, Dec 20, 2013.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Respected mods please merge this thread if there is any existing thread on forum. I searched the forum using Google Custom Search and I didnt get one.

With the launch of Diesel Honda City people are going crazy for Diesel City. City uses Amaze's diesel engine.

I am not that expert and wanted to discuss about which is the best diesel engine in the Indian Automobile industry.

Honda's iDTEC engine is all aluminium and Multijet is Cast iron if I am not wrong.

So my question which engine is better all Aluminium or the cast iron engine?

Is the iDTEC Engine is better than Multijet except NVH? :confused.
  2. Life span of i-Dtec engine is questionable.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Experts please comment.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aluminium engines are lighter than CI engines ... As far as City diesel is concerned .. it will create the same Buzz as Amaze did and later
    it will slow down once people come to know the potential of engine.. Have driven Amaze once its very noisy and refinement of engine
    was questionable... Honda are good in petrol .. but diesel I think they are still in learning curve (dont know about their global presence in diesel )
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    From whatever little i understand the iDtec Engine is a FGT engine where as the MJD is a VGT. VGT is superior in technology and should give better Driving experience (Torque at different RPMs) and better mileage .
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Most of us were expecting VGT in City diesel but Honda disappointed by providing same Amaze oil burner in Chity diesel.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I think by doing this Honda have invited some trouble because the Top end amaze is close to 9L. Now the Pricing for the City will need to be spot on. Too less City could cannibalize Amaze, slightly more it could look too costly for the same engine as Amaze. Also by not having a VGT (as a variant possibly) I think they missed an opportunity to offer a model at a slightly premium price.

This will be tricky, customers in this segment will not like NVH. This is will be interesting... I think this will not be a smash hit as everyone is thinking...

- - - Merged Post - - -

I think by doing this Honda have invited some trouble because the Top end amaze is close to 9L. Now the Pricing for the City will need to be spot on. Too less City could cannibalize Amaze, slightly more it could look too costly for the same engine as Amaze. Also by not having a VGT (as a variant possibly) I think they missed an opportunity to offer a model at a slightly premium price.

This will be tricky, customers in this segment will not like NVH. This is will be interesting... I think this will not be a smash hit as everyone is thinking...
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Now almost everyone is in a mealy run to design there own Diesel technology to capture the market share we have to see how Honda will fair in the long run in the Diesel front. As already said I-DTEC's thin wall design is questionable in long run.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think City diesel is already became talk of the town and people are booking like crazy.

Few TFI members from Pune also got calls from Honda dealer saying sir would you like to book the Honda City diesel as you may get delivery as early as possible. :evilsmile
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Why is this thread becoming an Amaze bashing thread? The intention of Kedar to start the thread was comparison of various diesel engines currently used in Indian car. Atleast that what I though by reading the thread title.
    2 people like this.