1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

multijet engine overhaul!!

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by m-matt, Nov 25, 2014.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    sorry for your situation

if at all overhaul,please proceed to true sai works SALEM though it is situated in tamilnadu yet it is near to bangalore.

SA senthil is competent in trouble shooting and kind enough to tell you the truth.
    ramjn likes this.
  2. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Guys,

Thank you so much for your inputs. Tomorrow I'm planning to take it to FASS. Let me see what they have to say about it. I will keep you posted.

Thank You
  3. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Today I gave my car for inspection at KHT. They told me it looks like the tappet sound. I'm not sure what exactly it is. They will give a detailed report within 2-3 days. They told if it requires a tappet repair, 25% of the engine needs to opened. I forgot to give one more event happened to my car last week. The engine coolent was leaking while we went for a 500km trip, and the engine stalled due to high temperature. Once the engine back to normal we took it to a small workshop nearby and changed the coolent hose, and continued our journey. Actually the sound difference noticed after this.

Thank You
  4. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Folks,

I went to KHT motors Whitefield. They confirmed it is something wrong with engine. So it requires engine open work. And unfortunately they won't give any kind of warranty for the work they are going to do on engine. They will give only the spare parts warranty! Even though we replace it with original parts, and rebuild the engine at FASS Fiat will not give even a 1km warranty!! Service guys told me it will work just like that may be for some couple of K kilometers, but they can't give any assurance.

So now the car is with Rajesh@Hosa road. We opened the engine and found problems with head valves. here are the snaps. You could see 8 of them are burned. Those should be outlet values? So he told that we needs to change the valves, guides. But the head block, tapets, rockers are safe. Is there anything that we need to take care of during the rebuild?

Thank You
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Its on OT table, let the surgeons decide whats best now. Pray to god.. ;)
  6. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Yeah, it is getting ready. Meanwhile I have question. 75hp multijet engine turbo used in Stile MJD, Swift-DDiS, Quadrajet all are the same(design)?. Can we use DDiS or Quadrajet turbo as a replacement? Thinking about the turbo replacement also. I used to get turbo issues as well. Just checked with turbo service guys, and confirmed it needs a replacement in the very near future itself. Turbo is not available anywhere FIAT spare parts in Bangalore.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Turbo original one can be sourced from FASC at Bangalore by placing an order. Don't know about DDiS or Quadrajet Turbo. Should work if same specs. are there. VGT however is tough to get working.
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    among DDIS and Quadrajet turbo, I feel Quadrajet might be compatible. The tata Quadrajet has more parts sharing with Multijet than the DDIS.