1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

yes that was the reason I changed it, but regretting now.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I think it is better to go with the UGLY rubber flaps. It might be looking a bit ugly, but it will definitely save your car from looking ugly :evilsmile !!!.

This has become a major irritant for me, when ever I go out the car is getting splashed with mud from some or the other sources. I am forced to wash the car almost daily:cry:.

Now the problem is, where will you get this rubber flaps, I checked with Ramkay last week and they don't have it.

I need one with some extra width as my tyres are of 205 width.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I never had the issue with the brushing. Maybe you must be passing over some monstrous speed breakers.

Try RDC Fiat, they could be having it. If its not available with any Fiat dealer then you may have to get it custom made.

Or try this address in Mumbai. Its a known shop for Fiat spares. They might guide you.
    Kava Automobiles
    Name: Mr. VijaySheth
    Mobile: +919833606750
    Address: 50/2 Modi Chambers, Near Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
    EMail: vijaysheth03@gmail.com (or kavaauto@yahoo.com)
    Landline: 022 - 23827562, 23853131, 28073272
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    sreedhara_bj's location should tell it all. We live in the speed breaker capital of the world. There are speed breakers here, that can scrape a Tata Safari :A :A. I know of at least one case of a Ford Ikon hitting a speed breaker on Mysore road and, hold your breath, the engine block fell off.

Here in KA, we have this nice habit of putting a speed breaker as soon as a minor accident happens, do not mark it, so that we can have major accidents :firey

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Around two years back, when one of the rear mudflaps fell off, I got a set from JC road for Rs.300, which remained strong until I replaced all of them with the molded one about six months back. The "braying" sound coming from the front mudflaps(old) while going over speed-breakers was irritating. Though the JC road stuff didn't have the OEM glossy finish, it was very effective.
  7. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have been using OE flat rubber flaps given during the delivery & now still flat Gloss even after 1+ year. Purpose served at its best ! But the new molded flaps looks perfect but purpose not served to the mark. I remove the rubber flaps once in 6 month ( Can't help !! i love the way the rear looks !! ) ...

If you still have the rubber type flaps & find it getting bent, unscrew & remove it from the body. Wash it properly, wrap it with news paper & use hair blower till the flaps get bit soft. Then place it under the bed for 3-4 days. Flaps will be normal.

Note: It might be difficult to fit the flaps back, Jack up the car & remove the wheel. Screw driver can reach better & screws get better tightened with wheels removed ( easy access in short)

Happy DIY :D

Cheers,
    2 people like this.
  8. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    One of the mud flap got rear ended on my drive, and broke. Checked for replacement, however, we may need to ordered all four as a set I believe:confused.

Planning to use feviqwik to stick the plastic part which broke off (holds only one screw of the three), otherwise the plastic is in good shape.
    Any other suggestion?
  9. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2

naruf1, Share a pic of the torn flaps, i don't think glue will help on long run. Why dont you try cutting the flap to the shape of OE moulded type & see that helps .. :)
  10. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Photo0665.jpg

Believe sticking this joint would do the job.