1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    How about these from the FIAT genuine accessory list?

http://www.fiat-india.com/accessories-images/mudflap_P.jpg

Fiat India

Somebody mentioned they got this mudflap fitted after the dealer fitted ones fell off.
    Anyone fitted these to their Punto? Do you recommend it? I haven't fitted the mudflap originally, cleaning is an issue but I did not like the dealer fitted one.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I am facing a different issue here. Since the wheels of T Jet are a bit wider (205), when ever I drive through mud or slush it is getting sprayed on to the doors and windows. I need a wider mud flap, which I checked with Ramkay and found that they don't have it.

Any suggestions ?
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Same is the case with 195 width tires also. Last Saturday did my first service in Ramkay Fiat and before I reached home it was fully muddy.. Looks like we got to live with it..
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I havent had any such issues in my Punto with 195/60 width tyres. I have got those rubber thingy mud flaps and they have served their purpose during the monsoons atleast.

@bsrej, aruncep - Do you have the plastic moulded mud flaps in your cars?
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Same for me, i have this plastic moulded mudflaps which Ramkay gave free.

@ghodlur, what is the rubber flap that you have ? Where did you bought it from ?

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sreejith, the rubber ones are which Fiat provided until mid 2012. They looked uglier but did a great job in prevention splashes.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    +1 to that. I was contemplating the replacemebt of the rubber mud flaps with the PVC moulded ones but looks like I will have to wait further before taking a call on that. The Moulded ones look sleek whereas the rubber ones are practical. Alternative is to use the rubber ones for monsoons and the PVC ones for the rest of the year.;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Better not to go with moulded ones. Recently I upgraded so called ugly but practical mudflaps (which were in great condition even after 3.5 years) to newer moulded ones. But forget rains, even on dry days, these cow dungs on road get splashed all over the front and back doors if we are not able to negotiate them. Now i'm planing to replace front side to older rubber pads (they are in really good shape) and keep the backside to moulded. It will look ugly I know, but it serves the purpose. Only drawback in older ones is the sound which it makes while negotiating road humps.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks for sharing your experience, but what sound are you talking about? U mean the rubber flaps brush the speed breakers?