1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Threads Merged.

More than looks, keeping OE mudflap is pain, because you have to keep it re-fitting each 3 months or so. It gets loose pretty easily.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Couldn't find the right screwdriver and hurt my thumb using a can opener so I let them be...
    If they star bended and messing with the tire I'll take them off. :)
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

My Linea lost all her four mud flaps on her way to Leh. So, she had a new set of FIAT Linea accessory mud flaps costing Rs 440 + Rs 150 for fixing at Fairdeal Motors, Srinagar.
  4. But Ravi... mine has been on my car for more than a year now and no issues regarding getting loose or falling off.. Its still as rock solid..... :)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    May be they fitted it properly to your car:D.
    I have already changed it once, re-fitted 2 times, and its loose again. Just thinking to keep it or not. I know its useful, but keep it intact is becoming tougher than cleaning the dirt, which accumulated without it.
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

TASS people are lazy to remove the rear wheels while fixing the mud flap, they will fix the mud flap by screwing it to the rear bumper instead of the wheel arch, this is the only reason the mud flaps are coming out every 3 months. My car is 6 months old and the mud flaps have not come loose.
  7. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

I lost my rear-left mudflap while reversing. I am surprised how did this happen and that too while reversing.
  8. rajatoswal

I got the initial mud flaps for free. Lost one of them in couple of months. Got a new set but every now & then they get loose from one screw and keep hanging.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Even mine is rock solid. Never budged. And it had been 2.5 years since i fixed the 1st lot of mud flaps released by Fiat for Linea. :)

How are mud flaps fitted in your cars, guys? If they've used those flimsy clamps/ screws which came with mud flaps to fix them, then it's bound to come loose, and fall off. When I fitted the mudflap in my Linea, my car was the 1st car where Tata company repair shop (service station), Worli has fixed the mudflap. I was in front of my car all the time while it was being fitted. Since it was the 1st time, any Linea is getting mudflap fixed there, it took time for them to figure out. When I asked why not using the screws/ plugs came with the OEM mudflaps and why drilling holes in the body, the guys mentioned & showed me how superficial the plugs (which came with mudflaps) are.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    any option to the cheap looking oem mud flaps. i had seen a "for swift" mud flap in a linea once. any one tried it.