1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Tried bit of heating and bending, but no use. Didn't want my new tyre to be harmed, so took out the rear flaps.

+ve - new tyre is getting its desired attention :p

-ve - sorry to those following my car! Its rainy season and know my car will now throw all sorts of dirt at your windshield ;):mad:
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Punto Mudflaps - Better substitute for the OE ones ?

Hey people!!!
    I've been lurking around here for a looong time. I got my GP VGT delivered a week ago and I'm enjoying it to the CORE !!!

I got the OE mudflaps free, but don't really like the looks.
    Plus, the rear ones look bent and the (least) distance between them and tires is around 1cm !!!!
    We generally cruise at triple digit speeds, so could that be a reason for worry? ( scraping against the tire like the Figo)

Can I fit suitable mudflaps from some other car? Should I get something custom made if it is possible? Or could I just cut the OE flaps.
    I've seen many GPs w/o mudflaps and they look HOT !!! Do I really need the mudflaps on the car? Can I manage w.o them for the sake of looks? (I wash the car once a week, at least).

Keep in mind, I'll be getting an OE - type rear spoiler soon, so the looks have to gel with the spoiler.

Suggestions & help please!!!!!
    Ownership thread coming up @ 2000km ( by the end of the week).
    TIA.
    mudflap2.jpg mudflap.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Arkin: Welcome to TFI. I am not sure we can find aftermarket mudflaps for Punto, and since these flaps are rigid, I do not think they pose the hazard of scrapping against tyres.

You can remove them for looks sake and Punto does looks better with put the mudflap, but then we will not be considerate to those who follow us, if we remove the mud flaps :)
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Remove the damn thing Arkin! It looks so fugly on the Car, Remove the rear one's first and it would really show of the ---Wide--- tires. I've still kept the front one's for now as I don't want to end up washing often. A fellow member had in fact put a molded mud flap in body color, I'll search and post the link if I can find it.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Thanks Anoop!
    In Bangalore, I wouldn't want to be considerate about tail-gaters ;) , so will the bumper get too dirty w.o them?
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Then remove them off. the bumper will get dirty, but that is a small trade off for killer looks :devil:
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I'm doing just that right now! Already took out one screw with difficulty (can't find the right driver). If the car gets dirty, I'll put them back on.
    TY.
  8. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I am not very much in support of removing the mud flaps.I drove around initially without any mudflaps, but found un removable road tars stuck around the car.Better to carry around the mud flaps than the road profile on the body.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Wish I could get hold of the plastic molded ones, like the ones seen on honda city or some maruthi cars
  9. I drove my car without mudflaps for 6 months and result was disastrous since the loose tar got stuck to the rear bumper's bottom corner and also on the front doors and I had a hell of time getting it cleaned up.

If you are looking for looks then yes... without flaps is better but performance wise flaps is a must
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree to Romsi :)