1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Rizzu, cannot imagine how good it looks :), can you post some pictures from side especially. Anyways smart thinking :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
  2. vinz

vinz

IXE
    Mine got loose again may fall off soon. as from the beginning im tryin to tell fiat it is not suitable for indian road condition of bumpy roads with pot holes and huge jumbo humps on road it tends to come out easily either by tearing or screws come out easily, need to change the design for a shorter in depth a moulded will be better. I am not going to fix the same if i loose them now.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have OE Mudflap on my punto, no issues yet.
  4. tony saab
    i also have the original ones with me.
    no problems till now.
    the problem for the other people is once a screw comes out they use the same screw.
    if they use a bigger screw(with bigger head) the mat would not come out
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Sorry to quote from an old post, but i found this discussion very relevant. In my MJD, one of the mudflaps had gone missing due to some reason. When I took it to Concorde, Chennai, the SA had quoted Rs. 600 for a set of Mudflaps and Rs 350 of labour charges for fitting these. Is this something that is acceptable?
  6. Even i lost one of the mudflaps and changed whole set last week.They charged me Rs 430 for mud flaps and Rs 150 for fixing them and Rs 15 as service tax total comes to Rs 595.
    If you Manage fixing out side , you can save Rs 150
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Those mud flaps in J.C road are Rs 175/- including fitting!
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I too got the mudflaps for Rs. 125/- Fitting was not charged extra as I did that along with seat covers, mats, and sunfilm.
    The same mudflaps were quoted at Rs.450+ at TASS.
  9. Only issue I face is the rear flaps touching tyres :mad:. TASS fixed it by drilling on bumber, so can't remove (will expose the drilled hole).

Should do something soon to fix this. Maybe apply some heat and bend the other way!
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    even the altos have the moulded mud flaps. shame on fiat india