1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The one mentioned by this vicky.in is the same one sold by Fiat ... But it seemed to be of better qlty ..
    I have them lying at home , anyone wanting it can pm me ..
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well i had Sparco flaps installed initially but the rings got dmage hitting the breakers on the roads and i switched back to the OG fiat flaps and they r fine now
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMHO i feel that these flaps spoils the sporty look of the car,still one wants to have them on,can put only two in front as i have done the same for my black ogre..
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Good joke with 100% reality.
  7. I drove my punto initially without mud flaps,the dealer did not had it in stock when i purchased the car. Later he called me and i got them installed. Personally i feel that Punto looks great without mudflaps. The OE mudflaps like vijay says, is bit on the truck side. The most horrifying fact in using mudflaps is that, dirt might accumulate coupled with moisture can lead to rust and paint chipping off. When i got them removed during wheel balancing, i saw paint from the front wheel arch chipping out :(
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have the Mudflap from Fortune, as OE when i took the punto, It was a complimentary and am fine with it as the washer cleans it everyday morning, special instruction to clean the wheel caps and the mudflaps thoroughly with water so that the dirt is not accumulated.
  9. [/ATTACH]

Better shown with pictures, I hate to see it :sadblue
    you can also see the dents done to the inner part and also a hole drilled for fitting the screws.

Thinking of restoring back the originality.

DSC_6942.jpg
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    yeah do the with the original one or some thing new so that the dent and the hole will be covered.