1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I lost my rear mud flap last week. The full set costs Rs. 480. My service advisor tells me that I can get it from JC road @70 per piece. He assured me that it will look excatly like the original and even if I buy the full set, it wont cost more than Rs 300. Makes sense to me.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Got the full set from Best Automobiles at JC road, Bangalore for Rs 290. Looks exactly the same as the original one.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ok let me also join the gang, this sunday i realized on of the flapper is missing :(
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Has anyone got hold of the moulded type mud flaps ???
    @viny : any diy for moulded mud flaps ///?

Dilip
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

@DMK: Not for molded flaps, but yes my original flap installation was a DIY process, i didnt went for original ones as it required holes on side panel of the car. I went for local ones with DIY process and got it installed without making holes in side body :)

For molded ones, you can try the sx4 flaps, the makes a perfect fit to Linea at least. By the way the molded ones are more prone to breakage as they are not flexible as flapping ones :)
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    sx4/ritz/swift moulded mud flpas not suitable for punto ... Swift's is very close , bt der r gaps ...
    Moulded ones r more sturdy shorter and not prone to damage as the fiat ones ...

Dilip
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Being short doesn't help when you drive in muddy roads of monsoon, its as good as not having one. The more the flexible the mud flaps is lesser the chances of getting it broken down.

Individuals can have different opinions, but fact is flipping long mudflaps do there job much better than short ones.

PS> its not relevant to people driving in mumbai, specifically across sakinaka, i dont think any mudflap can survive those roads in monsoon.
  8. jayadev
    are those flaps painted???
    or did you find those coming direct in the same colours.
    i need a shortened version of the flaps.
    like half of these flaps in length and they would look good i guess
  9. jayadev sir
    thanks for the info.
    can we cut the mud flap into half?
    ever seen a mudflap of the corolla(front or rear) that small thing behind the wheel.
    i need some thing like that for my punto.
    any idea where wouls i be able to source them from???
    SORRY GUYS OT. BUT CANT START A THREAD ON MUDFLAPS
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    those flaps are of pathetic quality something like rubber. improvisation wont give any pleasant results.

what you are talking about is fibre type which is not yet available in india. try in internet maybe you can buy online.